The chief medical officer is responsible for the overall strategic direction and oversight of the disease management products and programs, and outcomes research, including technology development, implementation, market research and strategic partnerships. The incumbent is the ultimate medical policy decision maker for the corporation and will collaborate with the executive team, sales and market units to implement and drive clinical programs to support and meet the goals for our population health management lines of business. The CMO will report to the CEO.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide oversight of development and implementation of the strategic plan for disease management including database development, outcomes analysis, care management and population management.
- Provide oversight of development and implementation of new lines of managed care business.
- Provide oversight of development and implementation of new managed care products within the pharmacy benefit management business.
- Manage the strategic relationship with the national and international pharmaceutical industry and the managed care industry with respect to disease management and database management.
- Develop and maintain relationships with academic institutions for the purposes of business and research collaboration.
- Identify and assess managed care entities for potential business alliances or acquisition opportunities.
- Participate in executive strategic planning at the corporate level.
- Oversee the development of marketing material for client focused disease management programs.
- Oversee the utilization management guidelines and decisions.
- Support sales and marketing through presentation to key decision makers in clients and prospects.
- Support corporate counsel in risk management and contract evaluation.
- Medical Degree (MD) with Board Certification is required
- MBA or MPH a PLUS
- At least 6+ years of clinical practice and primary care experience
- 3 or more years of experience in population health management or managed care
- Experience in a risk bearing organization
- Experience with government or commercial payer programs
- Direct responsibility for leading teams in a large, complex organization
- Practice in Primary Care
- Solid data analysis and interpretation skills; ability to focus on key metrics
- Strong team player and team building skills
- Strategic thinking with proven ability to communicate a vision and drive results
- Solid negotiation and conflict management skills
- Proven ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders across entities and across disciplines
- Extensive experience with primary care and medical management
- Proven ability to achieve results through influence
- Understanding of medical practice organization and finance
- Leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to influence physicians
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation conflict resolution and planning skills
- Ability to give frequent and sometimes unrehearsed internal and external presentations
- Ability to lead teams
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $200,000.00 /year
Why Work Here?An early-stage healthcare startup utilizing cloud-based software and advanced tools to help optimize medication therapy and mitigate medication-related risks for patients with several chronic conditions in order to improve the patient's clinical outcomes and lower costs for providers and patients.
Opportunity to join an early-stage telehealth startup to improve healthcare and with stock ownership.