PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary function of the Customer Service Representative (CSR) is to provide exemplary service to Pharmaneek customers via incoming phone calls, web and fax communications. The CSR staff will assist customers through order processing and expediting, quotes, repairs, returns, delivery information, product knowledge, research, problem solving and follow-up. Attention to detail, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a willingness to collaborate within the department and with other medical business units is essential.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Handles incoming calls as the top priority, consistently providing customers with a friendly, cheerful greeting and pleasant, professional overall service.
2. Processes incoming quotes, orders, repairs and returns (Phone, Fax, Web, Mail, other) by entering into the computer system in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
3. Initiates callbacks to customers as needed for delivery, pricing, product and other order detail verification.
4. Updates customers as needed with order status and confirmations.
5. Completes catalog requests and account update information as needed.
6. Submits customer requests for COA – Certificate of Analysis, MSDS – Material Safety Data Sheets, etc.
7. Processes new customer account requests with proper and timely paperwork completion and pleasant, professional communications.
8. Keeps current on promotional events and new products, effectively informing customers on such events.
9. Uses good judgment in referring customers to others for technical assistance, utilizing conferencing when this improves service to the customer and increases knowledge-base for the CSR.
10. Uses poise, understanding, and professional judgment in handling customer complaints.
11. Responds to customer questions and requests with courtesy, professionalism, and efficiency.
12. Listens actively to the customers to identify needs and provide solutions.
13. Builds a positive rapport, and thus customer loyalty, with new and existing customers through exemplary service.
14. Contributes to developing synergy within the CSR team, assisting colleagues with the overall workload as needed.
15. Supports Sales and Marketing Staff as needed through CSR functions.
16. Collaborates with other departments (i.e., Product Management, Tech Services, Shipping, Credit, etc.) to provide the best service to customers through effective teaming.
17. In addition to the above duties, the CSR supervisor will assign miscellaneous projects and work that may be either temporary or permanent.
18. Other duties as assigned
BASIC WORK WEEK:
Hours: 40 hours/week Which Days? M-F Overtime? If Needed
Shifts vary between 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. currently
Education: High School or equivalent required, post-secondary preferred.
Experience: General office experience, telephone customer service or similar experience preferred. Computer knowledge skills and ability required.
Equipment Use: Computer, telephone, fax, calculator, copier, printer.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards. Completes work in timely manner. Strives to increase productivity.
- Job Knowledge - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares expertise with others.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Work disposition - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Dependability - Follows instructions. Responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle, or feel, and talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, or stoop.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25#. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
An office environment is typical in this position, with occasional visits to the warehouse. The noise level is generally quiet.
The above is an overview of the position described and is not intended to be all inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility and duty satisfactory. The qualifications including physical demands, listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School or better
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Pharmaneek Pharmacy Services
Why Work Here?Pharmaneek's Long Term Care Services a wide array of services designed to meet the specialized needs of long term care patients. Our services are focused on delivering the most appropriate pharmaceutical care at lower costs.
Pharmaneek is your personal pharmacy which sorts your medication by the dose and delivers right to your door.