The Pharmacy Technician reports to:
Pharmacist on duty and Pharmacist-in-Charge.
- Possess knowledge of common prescription drugs and best practices governing prescription drug fulfillment.
- Demonstrate competent working knowledge of participating third party insurance plans.
- Possess thorough knowledge of the Pharmacy Technician duties and scope of responsibility.
- Possess ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be organized and be able to prioritize tasks.
- PC knowledge, Microsoft Office Suite, email, printing, scanning, and general navigation of pharmacy software, PioneerRx experience preferred.
- Operate in a manner consistent with professional, ethical, and legal standards of proper pharmacy practice.
- Fill new medications orders, refills and renewals for Pharmacy clients.
- Credit client medications that are not picked up within 14 days.
- Restock pharmacy shelves when medications are received from the wholesaler.
- Check for outdated medications on monthly basis.
- Prepare prescriptions for the pharmacist to check.
- Prepare any packages that will be delivered or shipped to patients.
- Assist pharmacists in training new pharmacy technicians and cross-training other technicians.
- Make recommendations to the pharmacist regarding methods and or procedures that can be improved.
- Ability to help others whenever and wherever there is a backlog.
- Be accurate, proficient, timely, knowledgeable, thorough and complete in one’s work.
- Willing to learn new responsibilities and tasks.
- Able and willing to learn and 340B pharmacy best practices in a primarily closed-door, retail pharmacy.
Qualifications and Licenses:
- Pharmacy Technicians must be registered with the California State Board of Pharmacy.
- Preferred Certified Pharmacy Technician by PTCB: Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- One to two years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm.
Appreciable standing, walking, and minimal lifting (<15 lbs.) is required. Manual dexterity is required for sustained periods.
Why Work Here?
Casual work environment!