We are seeking a full-time pharmacy technician to work in our retail pharmacy. Candidates must hold an active Maryland state pharmacy license and have at least 2 years pharmacy experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pharmacy: 2 years (Required)
- Maryland State Pharmacy Technician (Required)
- Must be flexible and be able to work different schedules to meet client and pharmacy needs.
- Possess detailed knowledge of prescription drugs and laws governing prescription drugs.
- Demonstrate competent working knowledge of participating third party insurance plans.
- Be able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Possess ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be organized and be able to prioritize tasks.
- PC knowledge and general navigation.
- Operate in a manner consistent with professional, ethical, and legal standards of proper pharmacy practice.
- Reliable transportation
- Fill new medications orders, refills, and renewals for Pharmacy clients.
- Restock pharmacy shelves when medications are received from the wholesaler.
- Check for outdated medications on monthly basis (30 days).
- Prepares prescriptions for the pharmacist to check.
- Prepare any packages that will be mailed to patients.
- Assist pharmacists in training new pharmacy technicians and cross training other technicians.
- Make recommendations to the pharmacist regarding methods and or procedures that can be improved.
- Ability to help others whenever and wherever there is a backlog.
- Being accurate, proficient, timely, knowledgeable, thorough, and complete in one’s work.
- Willingness to learn new responsibilities and tasks.
- May be required to complete errands as assigned (post office, fedex etc.)
Hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm
Why Work Here?
Casual work environment!