We are looking for a Pharmacist to join our team! You will be responsible for dispensing drugs prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners.
New grads are welcome to apply!
- Dispense prescribed medications
- Advise physicians and health practitioners on the interactions and side effects of medications
- Provide patients with pertinent drug information
- Proactively review prescriptions for proper dosage
- Supervise and maintain records of all medications
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Previous experience in pharmacy or other medical fields
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
Must be licensed and registered in the state of Florida