Certified Medical Assistant - Greensboro NC
Pharmacy Services and Products Company Greensboro, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to become a part of our Clinical team. You will assist patients to optimize their medications under the direction of a clinical pharmacist and the patient's primary care physician.
This position provides a variety of support to the Clinical team with a focus on exceptional customer service. The CMA is titled a Clinical Pharmacist Assistant and will serve as the liaison for patients/family, care teams, physicians and referrals. This position requires strong communication skills. The Clinical Pharmacist Assistant will serve as a patient advocate and liaison between the patient, insurance companies, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, Social Security, community service organizations, and others. The Clinical Pharmacist Assistant will work closely with the Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner. This position requires confidentiality and discretion.
This position involves constant remote interaction with patients, their records, their clinicians and caregivers. Most activity is performed remotely by phone and computer in a central office, with occasional home visits, and rarely in the physician office.
- Assembly of full medication list for each patient
- Establishment of medication utilization, prescribed rate and dispensed rate
- Preparation of full prescriber list for each patient and where appropriate, notification of prescribers
- Preparation of full pharmacy list for each patient and linkage between each pharmacy and each medication dispensed
- Recording of patient's primary and secondary pharmacy insurance with clear delineation of any narrow network or other cost barriers for the patient
- Assessment of potential coupon, voucher or other discount available to the patient for medications on the prescribed list
- Preparation of completed preparation prior to the patient appointment
- Patient reminder and follow-up calls
- Documentation of intervention and care plan in the practice EMR and any other software systems applicable
- Cancellation of all outstanding prescriptions in discontinued pharmacies
- Synchronization of medications on instruction from the physician and preparation of dispensing record for approval and transmission
- Preparation of patient synchronization instructions
- Maintenance of appointment schedule for follow-up appointments
- Verification of successful passage of synchronized prescriptions through dispensing pharmacy
- Monitoring for and notification of emergent or new prescriptions
- Maintenance of therapeutic goal records
- Management of patient relationship in collaboration with Clinical team, including frequent telephone interaction with patient
- Such other associated tasks that may arise from time to time at the instruction of the Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Previous experience in primary care, pharmacy or other related fields
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Electronic Medical Records software experience – multiple preferred
- Microsoft Excel data entry experience
Pharmacy Services and Products CompanyWhy Work Here?
This is a company where you can make a difference. Your input matters. Your ideas will be heard. We're growing and we need your help.
UpStream is an organization designed by health care providers to help care for chronically ill patients. Managing a patient's medical protocols isn't easy, especially if the patient lacks personal advocates. The UpStream PTM and their team become the patient's advocate taking great care to make sure they're following prescribed protocols to live a productive and active life.
1250 Revolution Mill Dr. Greensboro NC 27405Greensboro, NC