PPOk has an immediate opening for an Events Coordinator. We are looking for an enthusiastic Event Coordinator who can develop events from conception to completion. This individual will be responsible for planning and producing events from trade shows, conferences, and in-house events to company outings that are memorable, meet quality expectations, and are within budget.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: Position is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
• Create and adhere to project budgets and timelines.
• Organize and manage all event details and logistics included but not limited to contract execution, guest lists, staff registrations, site set up, location management, equipment, etc.
• Conduct post-event follow-up and action steps. Keep accurate records and comparison charts for every year.
• Manage master list of all calendar events and update supervisor with consistent, proactive schedule, and plans.
• Work with Marketing and Business Development team to create collateral and promote upcoming events.
• Lead the in-house activities committee
• Organize ordering of food for large meetings (from Board meeting to our in-house lunch & learns)
• Work with 3rd parties to plan and produce events (including working with out-of-state venues)
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Time management skills to properly structure your day
• Excellent with communication and writing skills
• Comfortable with tight deadlines; organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and able to multitask
• A team player who also works well independently, thinks creatively, solves problems and takes initiative
• Professional in verbal & written communication and professional work appearance
• Bachelors degree preferred and/or 2+ years related experience
• Excellent time management, listening, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Strong Excel skills are required, graphic design experience a plus
• Writing ability, strong organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks
• Ability to handle tight deadlines and make independent decisions critical to job success
• Quick self-starter, team-oriented, and able to work with different personalities and professional styles
• A detail-oriented team player who can multi-task a wide variety of on-going projects.
• Self-motivated and confident problem solver with a positive attitude, having grace under pressure and taking initiative when needed.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, carry, climb, stoop to load/unload various objects.
• Some commitments will occur outside of normal business hours.