- Posted: over a month ago
Pharmacists Mutual has an opening for an Insurance Agent. This role will be responsible for sales and retention of sales and helping grow the organization through various marketing techniques.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directs independent agency multi-line insurance sales /service to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance carriers.
- Produces and generates new business and sales through prospect lists, referrals, cross-sell lists, outbound calls, and soliciting expiration dates.
- Conducts policy reviews and update policies.
- Provides quality customer service and ensures file quality, timely coverage and needs analysis with detailed documentation supporting conversations and decisions.
- Attends meetings, seminars and programs as determined by the agency manager to learn about new products and services, improve sales skills, and receive continuing education credits.
- Inspects property, examining its general condition, prequalify new business risks, and communicate with and provide information to carrier personnel for proper risk assessment and placement.
- Obtains and provides information when claims are filed and monitor the claims to ensure they are settled equitably for the client and the insurer.
- Achieves or exceed set production goals.
- Portrays a professional image through proper appearance and actions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of insurance and sales.
- Ability to build relationships and influence others.
- Recognize questionable coverage or contract situations.
- Utilize sensitive information discreetly and objectively.
- Analyze complex issues and make critical decisions.
- Read, interpret and input data efficiently and accurately.
- Communicate effectively with others (oral and written).
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, vocabulary and punctuation.
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Contribute effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to provide effective customer service.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Work independently and use initiative.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Meet definite deadlines and deal with pressure situations.
- Utilize computer and related software effectively.
- Must possess high level of self-discipline, energy, initiative, empathy, and persuasive drive.
Experience and Education Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 year of related experience; or
- Associate's Degree or equivalent and 3 years of related experience; or
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of related experience; and
Special Requirements, Licenses and Certificates
- Must possess Property, Casualty, Life & Health licenses or obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- CIC, CPCU, or CLU Designation.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Pharmacists Mutual