DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Engage in sales interactions with members of the medical community (includes physicians, Nurses, NP, PA, MA, Pharmacists, etc.) while providing patient and product information to key accounts.
· Complete administrative items daily such as preparing pre-call objectives, entering sales calls in ____, and analysing sales reports. Responsible for expense reporting and preparation of sales reports.
· Responsible for attending required team trainings, sales meetings and occasional weekend medical conferences. Travelling between client sites within assigned territory required.
· Must identify high volume client prospects in target groups for assigned area, securing appointments and qualifying these accounts. Must demonstrate success in clinical selling skills.
· Call on physicians, case managers, discharge planners as well as additional designated referral sources within the assigned territory.
· Conduct follow-up on all maintenance accounts to ascertain continued satisfaction with Company services and identify areas to increase business.
· Responsible for problem-solving issues with referral sources and other hospital or clinic-based programs related to the delivery of services. Must demonstrate quality judgment and decision-making skills.
· Share in the responsibility for administrative management of system-wide quality assurance monitoring programs.
· Develop an annual territory business plan, conduct in-services to current and potential customers, participate in sales meetings, and represent the company at local, regional and national trade shows and conventions as assigned.
- Must have the ability to learn, understand and communicate complex information. Must demonstrate effective organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 2 years of successful specialty pharmacy/pharmacology/medical sales
- 1 year of pharmacology sales experience required
- Must be familiar with assigned territory
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must have reliable personal vehicle
- Must have a BA, BA, or Nursing degree
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Must have experienced in _____________ [sales system]
- Must possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality and be an energetic, highly motivated sales professional to represent the business.
- Experience calling on:
o Gastroenterologists (for Hepatitis, Crohns, IBD etc.)
o Rheumatologists (for Rheumatoid Arthritis)
o Neurologists (mainly for Multiple Sclerosis)
o Dermatologists (for Psoriasis & Dermatitis specialty treatments)
o Infectious Disease or virology (HIV)