Assists with drug preparation and dispensing under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist and in accordance with state pharmacy regulations.
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy.
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels.
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding.
- May reconcile and fill EDK (Emergency Drug Kit) boxes.
- Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy.