Overview: This position is responsible for reading, interpreting, and entering prescriptions into computer system. Technicians are also responsible for forwarding questionable prescriptions to a Pharmacist, and completing and resolving prescriptions diverted to the clinical intervention area. Must be able to complete and translate incomplete prescriptions diverted. Complete appropriate described patient letter. Prepare prescriptions according to label provided, while verifying patient, address and medication information. Technicians also call physicians and health care providers offices for prescription clarification, substitutions, and formulary changes on a prescription order.
- State Pharmacy Tech Registration (IL) required
- Minimum one-year related experience in a retail, home health or hospital pharmacy required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively by telephone.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret prescriptions.
- Current Pharmacy Technician certification preferred.
Shift: M-F Training 8-4:30, regular schedule M-F 9-5:30. Temp to hire.