Our client in Tewksbury MA is looking for Pharmacy Technician Buyer (Inventory) If interested, Please apply to this ad or send your resume and contact details with the job title in the subject line.
This is an Urgent Need! - For immediate consideration please submit your resume and call 602-491-9465
Phone No.: 602-491-9465
Position: Pharmacy Technician Buyer (Inventory)
Location: Tewksbury MA
The Pharmacy Buyer is responsible for procuring medications and supplies from appropriate sources and ensuring proper storage to maintain their quality and integrity. The Pharmacy Buyer, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, performs inventory management activities that ensure adequate stocks of medications, purchasing contract compliance, effective cost management, and compliance with laws and regulations.
Inventory Management: (Ensures adequate medication supplies, purchasing contract compliance, accurate billing, and compliance with laws and regulations)
· Coordinates the ordering, receiving, unpacking and storing of pharmaceuticals and
supplies in appropriate locations and under proper storage conditions.
· Processes and arranges for final disposition of unusable medication and supply
inventory from outdates, recalls, discontinuations through manufacturers, wholesalers
and related parties.
· Assists in setting inventory par levels necessary to meet patient needs in regards to
historical usage, clinical reviews of patient mix and disease states, and financial
parameters. Monitors stock levels of medications and supplies.
· Monitors purchasing statistics (e.g. inventory turns, positive and negative inventory
· Maintains appropriate information sources for pharmaceuticals and related supplies to
facilitate appropriate inventory management through print, electronic and other
· Coordinates and facilitates special purchase requests (e.g. non-formulary medications,
office supplies, etc.) and assist pharmacy staff in compliance with non-formulary
medication policies and procedures.
· Arranges for after-hours or off-site delivery of critically required medications and
supplies in coordination with the Director or Pharmacy and pharmacy staff.
· Monitor availability news on various vendor websites/emails, and wholesaler stock
levels to help identify potential drug shortages.
· Monitor status of drug shortages and impending release data in order to help identify
and plan for the event of stock outs based upon use and availability.