We are currently hiring a Pharmacist in Charge in the McAllen, TX area
WE ARE OPEN TO RELOCATION WITHIN THE TX STATE
· Oversite of various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders.
· May dispense any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures.
· May perform drug/supply ordering and inventory/warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, and monitor and adjust/calibrate pharmacy equipment.
· Preps and scans documents, verifies member/patient data, submits prescription orders in computer system. Oversees the preparation of all necessary records related to prescriptions and other pharmacy records.
· Contacts members/patients to validate data, resolve rejected claims, establish priority of order or delivery details, consult on medication issues, and assist in setting up treatment in on-site facilities where applicable.
· Interprets provider prescription and creates order, accesses, inputs and retrieves prescription and medical/lab information from computer system, verifying whether order/drug is reimbursable/covered.
· Monitors and verifies all prescription orders upon creation and dispensing.
· Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them.
· Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues, solving complex problems and developing innovative solutions.
· Performs complex conceptual analyses, forecasts and plans resource requirements.
· Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement.
· Effectively and consistently communicates information and provides overall work direction to pharmacy staff.
· Responsible for the supervision, training, performance management, development, and other managerial processes related to pharmacy staff.
· Motivates and inspires other team members to provide exceptional service and effectively contribute to the implementation and execution of business growth initiatives.
· Supports the financial performance of the pharmacy.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college of pharmacy required; Pharm.D. preferred
· 5 years of Specialty Pharmacy Experience required.
· Must hold an active and good standing Pharmacy License in the state of practice (Texas).
· 2 years of supervisory/managerial experience in a Pharmacy setting required.
· The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with professionalism and strong organizational skills.
· Knowledge of the use, clinical effects, and composition of drugs, including their chemical, biological, and physical properties.
· Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work effectively.
· Must comply with applicable laws, regulations, and policies, demonstrating integrity and requiring ethical behavior from pharmacy staff.
· Must deliver exceptional value to customers, maximizing growth and retention and optimizing the customer experience.
· Knowledge of pharmacy computer systems (rx30 pharmacy systems preferred)
· Excellent managerial skills in developing of others, driving employee engagement, bringing in the right talent, and fostering collaboration and teamwork.
· Excellent communication skills, the ability to influence and negotiate, listen actively and present effectively.
· Demonstration of emotional resilience and the ability to manage change effectively.
· Application of financial knowledge.