We are currently hiring a PRN Staff Pharmacist in the Atlanta, GA area!
· Oversite of various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders.
· May dispense any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures.
· May perform drug/supply ordering and inventory/warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, and monitor and adjust/calibrate pharmacy equipment.
· Preps and scans documents, verifies member/patient data, submits prescription orders in computer system. Oversees the preparation of all necessary records related to prescriptions and other pharmacy records.
· Contacts members/patients to validate data, resolve rejected claims, establish priority of order or delivery details, consult on medication issues, and assist in setting up treatment in on-site facilities where applicable.
· Interprets provider prescription and creates order, accesses, inputs and retrieves prescription and medical/lab information from computer system, verifying whether order/drug is reimbursable/covered.
· Monitors and verifies all prescription orders upon creation and dispensing.
· Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them.
· Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues, solving complex problems and developing innovative solutions.
· Performs complex conceptual analyses, forecasts and plans resource requirements.
· Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement.
· Effectively and consistently communicates information and provides overall work direction to pharmacy staff.