DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages assigned accounts with a focus on client trend management, strategic plan development and execution, cultivating multi-level client relationships and manages staff, indirectly.
· Manages client contract renewal activities with the primary goals of retaining client, obtaining multiple year agreements and maintaining or improving profitability.
· Monitor and management financial guarantees and reconciliations including audit activity Accountable for understanding the primary business objectives of the client, developing and managing shared goals, and demonstrating program value to the client.
· Identify upsell opportunities Develop C-Suite and key influencer relationships within client, marketplace, and consultant/brokers.
· Work with team members on client renewals and renegotiating contracts with clients to obtain extended agreements while losing as little profitability as possible.
· Coordinate and deliver quarterly performance reviews and capability discussions including identification of cost drivers, recommendations for cost savings opportunities, utilization and cost reports, and industry news.
· Prioritizes and conducts regular on-site or telephonic client meetings as appropriate to proactively review client benefits, drug utilization and trend management strategies.
· Provides training, support and direction to other team members, as necessary.
· Provides regular feedback to management team regarding client metrics, client requirements and business development opportunities.
· Create and maintain a database (in Salesforce, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective clients and their information.
· Monitor and record weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics.
· Facilitate sharing of knowledge and best practices across the team.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
· Ability to assess and capture the needs of prospective clients and define the unique value solutions will deliver to address the identified challenges.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to call, connect, interact, and summarize complex information.
· Ability to simplify concepts, making it easy to explain information to prospective clients.
· Strong ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and work independently or as a member of a team.
· Ability to adapt quickly to changes in scope or direction and be flexible to adopting changes quickly.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years Client relationship management and/or Account Management experience.
· Consistently meet or exceed key performance indicators.
· Strong oral and written communication.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· Client facing presentation experience.
· Experience cross-selling/upselling products to customers.
· Ability to work in self-motivated environment with limited supervision.
· Ability to travel up to 50%.
· Knowledge of healthcare industry challenges, drivers, and economics preferred.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and CRM/Salesforce experience preferred.