A growing independent pharmacy in north Dallas area is looking for a Pharmacist to join our team. The job is a full-time salaried position. In addition to competitive salary, we offer comprehensive benefit package including medical, vision and dental insurance, 401K with matching, paid time off, holidays, family friendly hours of operation, employee discount and excellent work culture. Please review the job description carefully and attach a cover letter demonstrating matching qualifications.
In order to be considered for this position, a candidate must possess:
- Customer Focus: Provide excellent Customer Service to patients, providers and internal team members.
- Leadership and Communication Skills: We are looking for a leader who will remain in constant communication with management, pharmacists, technicians, cashiers and other staff members.
- Coachability: Self-motivated with ability to acquire deep knowledge of compounding and nutritional products, and to incorporate feedback from management into daily performance.
- Emotional Stability: Succeed in difficult situations while maintaining a professional attitude. Self-driven while being adaptable to changes.
- 2+ years of experience in a retail setting and a valid Texas state license as a registered pharmacist.
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities and advising interventions.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' workflow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, federal agencies, maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from inventory.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Experienced in sterile and non-sterile compounding including workflow, regulatory process, and SOPs will be preferred.
- Knowledge and willingness to tackle USP 800, 797 and 795 compliance
- New Formula Development Experience
- Previous experience in managing compliance
- Quality assurance including Internal and External testing
- Familiarity with PK Compounder and PioneerRX Application
- Experience in collaborative practice agreement with physicians
- Previous experience in Hormone and nutritional consultation
- Passionate desire to learn and execute functional medicine and alternative therapies
- Oversee preparation of sterile intravenous admixture solutions, non-sterile compounded medications, procurement and shipping of admixtures in compliance with state and federal agencies
- Perform quality assurance and verifications during compounding process
- Verify all prescriptions for proper dosage and accuracy before dispensing to patient
- Interact with Sales and management team and help with new lines of business including formula creation, researching clinical question, clinical review of marketing material.
- Inventory management including ordering and price negotiation with vendors
- Cleaning and general maintenance of equipment and work areas
- Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook
Pharmaceutical Recruiting and Placement Agency
Why Work Here?One of America's Fastest growing company
Growing company, healthcare benefits and room to grow!
Collin County, TX