We are seeking a Pharmaceutical Sales Professional with experience selling branded Ophthalmic Pharmaceuticals to Ophthalmologists and Optometrists. The Pharmaceutical Account Manager is responsible for managing a territory of key clinicians and will be accountable for the sales productivity and profitability of the territory. The Account Manager must possess a comprehensive understanding of Clinical Sales and sell to Medical Professionals. They need to understand the Regulatory Constraints associated with Pharmaceutical Sales and still create and execute effective sales strategies to increase product sales while achieving corporate objectives. The Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales plans, maintaining Ophthalmic Market and product knowledge, and performing account coverage responsibilities.
Base Salary $75-80k + Commission
Must-Have Pharmaceutical Sales or Clinical Ophthalmic Experience. (2-5 Years)
Preference to candidates with Documented Sales Awards and Achievements and candidates who reside within the territory area.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Achieve product prescription sales forecasts
• Manage territory budgets and expenses
• Report goals and results to Regional Sales Director
• Managing key physician and account relationships within their territories
• Manage detailed records and sample accountability reporting within CRM system
• Communicate with other team members
• Report on activities and changes in the marketplace
Bachelor’s degree required, an MBA or post-graduate work would be a plus. Past experience working in ophthalmology as a pharmaceutical sales representative or as an in-office ophthalmic technician a definite plus. Strong sales and persuasion skills, business acumen, organizational and analytical skills are required. Must be willing to travel with some potential overnights.