The Oncology Account Manager (OAM) is responsible and accountable for the achievement of sales goals and / or market share targets in their assigned territory via the development, maintenance, and enhancements of key customer relationships, while adhering to all regulatory / promotional guidelines. These customers include but not limited to; Healthcare Providers such as: Oncologists, Hematologists, Oncology / Hematology Fellows, Oncology nurses, Pharmacists, Pharmacy and Therapeutics groups, tumor boards, teaching institutions, oncology patient organizations, hospitals and formulary committees.
- Effectively and compliantly communicate appropriate technical, therapeutic, disease state, and product information to customers in order to successfully promote the appropriate on-label use (s) of approved product (s) within the territory. Utilize effective selling techniques and marketing strategies to create and expand demand for any/all promoted brand (s) for which you are responsible. Develop and coordinate physician advocates for promoted oncology product (s). Arrange and coordinate effective promotional programs within all promotional and regulatory guidelines. Conduct essential field activities including but not limited to lunch-and-learns, customer in-services, and attend tumor boards. Work as a resource for various oncology organizations, teaching institutions, physicians, oncology nurses, pharmacy directors, therapeutic groups, etc.
- Communicate regularly with his / her Regional Sales Director, Peers, Account Managers, Internal / External Partners and Clients in order to optimize resources and exceed customer expectations. Comply with all OIG, Pharma, and Corporate Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines. Complete expense reports and other required administrative reports in an accurate and timely fashion according to corporate policies. Attend training programs, conventions, and symposiums. Complete and maintain a territory analysis and including but not limited to; monthly forecast, patient trackers, call metrics etc.
- Present and demonstrate to management your ability to attain and exceed sales goal attainment, the complete sales process, demonstrating personal accountability, a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve business sales objectives. Effectively manage a territory to achieve sales targets and stay within all approved budgets.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required. Major in Biological Science and/or Chemistry preferred
- Minimum of 3 or more current years selling in the Oncology, Immunology, Hematology, or Rare Disease therapeutic market is preferred. Oncology RN’s, PA’s, NP’s or equivalent may apply.
- Proven track record of successful sales results and ability to meet or exceed objectives including demonstrated success of selling in a territory where zero to limited impact from a co-promotion or POD selling environment
- Computer skills required: (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Some nights and weekends required
- Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required (10 - 60%)
- Must live within the territory
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license, car, and a driving record in compliance with company standards
We are a pharmaceutical company headquartered in New Jersey.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law