Oncology Account Manager (Zevalin/Marqibo)
Summary: The Oncology Account Manager (OAM) is responsible for the promotion and sales of Zevalin and Marqibo within a designated geography. As the portfolio of products grow, the responsibility may expand to future products/indications. The role is also responsible for the ownership, coordination and execution of strategic business plans for key accounts within the region based on market dynamics and business analytics. Responsibilities will include sales of specified oncology products, contract implementation/ management, and educating accounts on the reimbursement support program. The account manager will develop and maintain strategic relationships with key decision makers to maximize sales in the respective territory.
We are in search of candidates that have a strong work ethic and possess a willingness to learn and succeed in a team environment.
· Achieve or exceed sales goals in assigned geography utilizing effective selling techniques and marketing strategies to create and expand demand for all promoted brands.
· Effectively communicate and drive customer agreements/contracts to internal and external stakeholders.
· Maintains a productive and compliant working relationship with our GPO partners within the Oncology Community.
· Develop strategically targeted account-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local market.
· Lead cross-functional teams to develop long-term relationships with key accounts and stakeholders within the oncology community.
· Create, build and maintain relationships with key hematology/oncology physicians, decision makers, administrators, etc.
· Understand national and local reimbursement policies for the assigned territory.
· Develop local provider payer advocates to support corporate and/or brand
· Effective written, communication and organizational skills.
· Demonstrate strong strategic, analytical and overall business acumen to ensure the appropriate focus is placed in the right areas of the market.
· Demonstrate ability to adjust to changing strategies to support corporate and/or brand while maintaining the highest level of performance.
· Comply with all OIG, Pharma, and Corporate Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
· Complete expense reports and other required administrative reports in an accurate and timely fashion.
· Attend training programs, conventions, and symposia.
· Focus on the end results of the sales process, demonstrating personal accountability, a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve business objectives.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
· Minimum of 7-10 years of sales, sales management and/or account management experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with biotech or specialty care experience.
· Proven track record for delivering consistent sales.
· Experience with physician-administered injectables a must, with hematology/oncology experience preferred.
· Expert understanding of the business of Oncology.
· Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, cross-functional environment while maintaining an entrepreneurial spirit, on a consistent basis.
· Ability to develop and grow strong professional relationships.
· Knowledge and experience of legal and compliance framework related to the pharma/biotech industries.
· Must be available to work in the evenings and weekends, as required
· Position will require 60-70% travel