Our client is looking for a Senior Communications/PR Consultant
The Oncology Business Group Communications Senior Consultant will assist in the development of and lead the implementation of plans to support our Client's Oncology Business Group and may assist with larger corporate communications efforts across the company.
• Provide strategic counsel and oversight on communications plans for the Oncology Business Group, including marketed products (LENVIMA and HALAVEN), pipeline assets, executive thought leadership.
• Support execution of overall communications activities to educate key audiences about The Client's oncology products and the company’s profile in the oncology space
• Collaborate and participate in meetings with internal and external stakeholders, including: co-promote partners (e.g., Merck) and cross-functional departments across i US and Global (e.g. marketing, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, legal, clinical development, research, compliance, etc.)
• Develop strong written content (media materials, social/web content, speeches, talking points, Q&As) as well as review/revise content from the Agency and product communications team
• Provide counsel to organization and contribute to the larger Corporate Communications and Corporate Affairs department goals
• Contribute to the teamwork and success of the broader Corporate Communications department
This role affects The Client's external corporate image and product portfolio success.
• 15+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical/health care communications, agency and in-house experience preferred
• Strong executive presence with proven ability to counsel and support senior/executive management and high-touch internal clients
• Ability to master new disease areas to provide thoughtful counsel and communications recommendations to Global and US cross-functional teams in support of new indication planning
• Confident comfort with scientific data and resulting implications and nuances on our products and the relative treatment landscape
• Ability to research, write and edit content for Q&A documents, press releases, internal announcements, news articles and other editorial content as needed
• Ability to identify trends and opportunities in the health care landscape
• Possess an understanding of prescription product/brand, regulatory requirements, manufacturing and pipeline communications in the pharmaceutical industry
• Proactive, solutions-oriented self-starter with an innovative and resilient mindset, willing to build champions to help challenge the status quo and surmount challenges to advance The Client’s visibility
• Highly collaborative, creative thinker with experience working in a matrixed environment and adept at prioritizing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong writing and proofreading skills
• Strong project and process management
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications or related field
Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology Company