Hematology Account Manager , Portland
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for all sales activities in an assigned geographical area and will be expected to maximize sales achievement through promotion of PharmaEssentia products to approved, targeted customers and distribution channels. PharmaEssentia is seeking an experienced Hematology Account Manager with a strong patient focus and a passion for driving results for its commercial product, Besremi. The Hematology Account Manager will build and execute strategic territory plans across stakeholders involved in patient care in order to educate customers about Besremi and address the various needs along the treatment adoption process. Customers include hematologists/oncologists, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy and therapeutics groups, teaching institutions, hospitals and formulary committees.
It’s not often you get the chance to make a real impact on the lives of others, while expanding your own possibilities. You’ll find that rare opportunity at PharmaEssentia. Join us, and let’s transform lives, together.
PharmaEssentia Corporation is a rapidly growing biopharmaceutical innovator. We are leveraging deep expertise and proven scientific principles to deliver effective new biologics for challenging diseases in the areas of hematology and oncology, with one product approved and a diversifying pipeline. We believe in the potential to improve both health and quality of life for patients with limited options today through the combination of rigorous research and innovative thinking.
Founded in 2003 by a team of Taiwanese-American executives and renowned scientists from U.S. biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, today we are listed on the Taipei Exchange (6446) and are expanding our global presence with operations in the U.S., Japan and China, along with a world-class biologics production facility in Taichung.
- Communicate the clinical profile of Besremi, describe pivotal trial data and address clinical and non-clinical barriers in a clear and impactful manner to key customers involved in hematology oncology patient care
- Partnering with cross-functional commercial partners such as market access and medical teams to provide comprehensive solutions for customers
- Contribute to a culture of continuous learning and going the extra mile for patients by sharing knowledge across teams, investing in personal skill development, and striving to keep abreast of changing clinical and business dynamics
- Build, maintain and apply clinical and business expertise within the hematology oncology marketplace to develop territory business plans designed to address the needs of various customers within the geography as it relates to Besremi
- Developing specific account/prescriber action plans that provide a clear line-of-site to achieving established goals within a specific timeframe, using analytics to understand trends and track progress against goals
- Meet and exceed business objectives through thoughtful planning, collaboration with partners and utilization of tools and resources for flawless execution of strategic direction
- Becoming a true subject matter expert on all key topics that impact the success of the business – disease state knowledge, clinical acumen, product expertise, competitive intelligence, market dynamics, customer needs across segments, local market access, etc.
- Being a creative, resourceful problem solver with a “no job is too big or too small” attitude that is essential for success in a building company
- Growing one’s knowledge and capabilities (clinical, marketplace, competitive), trying new approaches to persistent challenges, continually raising the bar on performance
- Using data and sound judgement to continually evaluate plans and make changes as necessary to course correct and address evolving landscape and business dynamics
- Utilizing CRM as a strategic tool for assessing and tracking customer status and progressing sales plans
- Completing of sales administrative requirements (T&E, compliance SOPs, Sunshine reporting, etc.)
Qualifications and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries including at least 3 years in hematology, solid tumor, or rare disease space
- Preference for candidate to live within 1 hour of anchor city
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A consistent track record of hematology oncology or rare disease sales experience in academic and community-based institutions
- Existing relationships with key customers are highly valued (e.g., KOLs, key account leadership)
- Experience in new product launches is preferred
- Experience in and understanding of other commercial functions (e.g., marketing, market access, sales operations, sales training, insights/analytics, business development, etc.) is preferred
- Experience working in small pharma company environment is preferred
- Specialty pharmacy knowledge is preferred
- Track record of performance and a passion for making a difference for patients
- Ability to understand all facets of the sales cycle including patient identification, building clinical conviction, understanding and overcoming access and reimbursement barriers, and navigating distribution
- Ability to think creatively and seek solutions to access customers and support business needs
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and a strong leadership presence
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Must consistently act with high ethical standards and always keep the patient at the forefront
- Strong critical thinking and strategic problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a strong sales hunter mentality. Able to develop new leads and drive for results
- Advanced business acumen and granular account acumen management skills
- Successful experience covering large geographical territories autonomously
Benefits of working with our team:
PharmaEssentia USA strives every day to improve the lives of patients as well as our employees.
As a valued member of PharmaEssentia USA, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Comprehensive medical coverage: 80% employer paid
- Dental Coverage: 90% employer paid
- Vision coverage: 100% employer paid
- Generous paid time-off
- 401(k) retirement plan with competitive company match
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Up to $250 monthly cell phone/IT allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
At PharmaEssentia USA, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. PharmaEssentia USA believes that diversity and inclusion among our team are critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
PharmaEssentia does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Staffing agencies should not send resumes to our HR team or to any PharmaEssentia employees. PharmaEssentia is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressLake Oswego, OR
Get fresh Sales Account Executive jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.