Pharmacy Technician - Data Entry
PharmScript Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Expired: October 28, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
PharmScript is one of the nation’s leading pharmacies, partnering with long-term and post- acute care facilities to supply medications to thousands of residents and patients. When you join the PharmScript family, you join the ranks of more than 1,700 dedicated people across the country who help to get safe, accurate, and timely medication to those who need it most.
We’re looking for a Data Entry Pharmacy Technician to join our PharmScript team within our Data Entry department. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the entry and processing of medication orders into the pharmacy operating system. Pharmacy technicians are expected to have a positive attitude and work well in a team environment, must be dependable, possess a strong work ethic and have reliable attendance.
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and is an effective communicator. They are always a team player, eager to jump in where needed and collaborate with others to support the goals of the pharmacy and needs of customers.
• Data entry involves the entry and processing of medication orders via the pharmacy’s operating system which includes:
• Hand-written Physician Order Sheets and State Prescription Blanks
• Electronic Prescriptions
• Reorder Requests
• Phone Order Physician Sheets
• All tasks and duties must be completed in accordance and compliance with HIPPA guidelines, State and Federal laws, and current company policies and procedures
• High school diploma or GED required
• Must be a registered pharmacy technician in the applicable state
• Previous data entry experience preferred
• 1 year or more long-term, retail pharmacy, or hospital pharmacy experience preferred
• Knowledge of Framework/DocuTrack knowledge a plus
• Knowledge of Brand Name/Generic medications and Sig codes
• Moderate computer and typing skills required
• Candidate must possess basic math skills
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Effective communicator
• Quick and independent learner
• Availability to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as needed
PharmScript is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.