PharmScript is one of the nation’s leading pharmacies, partnering with long-term and post- acute care facilities to supply medications to thousands of residents and patients. When you join the PharmScript family, you join the ranks of more than 1,700 dedicated people across the country who help to get safe, accurate, and timely medication to those who need it most.
We’re looking for a Pharmacy Intern to join our PharmScript team within our Pharmacy Intern department. The Pharmacy Intern is responsible for the continuation of pharmacy management’s goals and objectives within the dispensing pharmacy. The Pharmacy Intern provides routine and emergency comprehensive and accurate drug screening, information, processing, and dispensing services for various drug distribution systems to the centers. Management skills and accuracy are required to ensure that the appropriate drug product reaches the customer efficiently and safely
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and is an effective communicator. They are always a team player, eager to jump in where needed and collaborate with others to support the goals of the pharmacy and needs of customers.
• The Pharmacy Intern will work in multiple different areas of the Pharmacy including but not limited to Packaging, Customer Service, Data Entry, Narcotics and IV, learning the necessary skills to become a successful Pharmacist
• Fills daily drug orders accurately and efficiently in a timely manner, under the supervision of a pharmacist • Assists in processing returned drugs and recycle/dispose per procedure
• Triaging of incoming phone calls from Nursing Facilities
• Processing of verbal requests for medication
• Providing status or confirmation of medication delivery
• Data entry involves the entry and processing of refill orders (electronic and faxed documents) via the pharmacy’s operating system
• Manage refill requests from multiple sites and ensure task is completed promptly
• Understand and utilize multiple pharmacy applications
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA
• Overtime, holidays and weekends may be required and/or expected
• Complies with departmental policies regarding safety, attendance, and dress code.
• Other duties as assigned
• Working towards a Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD from an accredited School of Pharmacy
• Licensed as a pharmacy technician or pharmacist intern to practice pharmacy in good standing
• Proficient in the area of clinical interpretation: drug-drug, drug-disease, drug-food interactions and allergies
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
• Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills
• Perform accurately and efficiently when dispensing prescription medications
• Ability to work flexible hours, which may include evening, weekends, and holidays
• Effective multitasking
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Effective communicator
• Quick and independent learner
PharmScript is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.