PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica isone of the nation'slargest institutional pharmacy companies. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in 45 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica has acquired PropacPayless, an independent senior living and long-term care pharmacy based in Vancouver, WA, from Moda Health.
PropacPayless has more than 34,000 clients, primarily in the Northwest and West. With this new partnership, companies will build on PropacPayless’ customer relationships while using PharMerica’s scale, proximity and clinical programs to serve the senior living, long-term care, hospital, home infusion, behavioral health, specialty and oncology pharmacy markets.
PharMerica in Vancouver is hiring for a full time Pharmacy Technician II to join our Controls Processing team.
Assists with drug preparation and dispensing under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist and in accordance with state pharmacy regulations. Performs at least one higher level pharmacy technician responsibility in addition to filling prescriptions, such as Control Room, MTS (prepack machines), inventory control (purchasing), data entry, IVs, servicing facility-based medication dispensing machines).
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy.
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels.
- Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy.
- May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory.
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding.
- Communicates with internal and external customers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- May process returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Also performs at least one of the following:
- Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room.
- Works with automated machine to prepack drugs.
- Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical levels and identify expired medications,managing to the pharmacy standard for Days on Hand.
- Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system to produce labels (data entry).
- Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood.
- Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g., RxNow).
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equlvalent
- Experience in a pharmacy setting
- LTC pharmacy experiencedesired
- Previous data entry experience required
- Ability to operate a computer; ability to recognize and identify medications
- Washington State Pharmacy Technician license required
- Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, effective oral communication
- Must be available to work: Monday - Friday 8 hour shifts between 10:00 am and 9:00 pm with occasional weekends and holidays
Accelerate Your Career with PharMerica!