PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica is one of the nation's largest institutional pharmacy companies. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in 45 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
***$500 Sign-On Bonus Available***
PharMerica Vinton, VA pharmacy facility is hiring for the full-timePharmacy Technician II (Data Entry)to join our team.
Pharmacy Technician II (Data Entry) resolves issues of denials identified through adjudication and follows up claims in POS (Point of Sale). Interprets physicians’ orders, triages them, and inputs data as necessary into computerized med order system.
- Identifies and resolves issues of denials or follow-up of claims.
- Maintains current knowledge of Medicaid claim regulations and processes.
- Produces reports and keeps management informed of unpaid claims and claims pending follow-up.
- Triage, interpret and input orders into computerized med order system while meeting accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy. Audits input versus documentation and makes corrections as needed.
- Performs drug calculations including basic mathematical calculations (e.g., converting milligrams, etc.).
- Provides excellent customer service to external and internal customers in accordance with company values.
- May process prescriptions by triaging and inputting into PMC computer systems.
- May assist with drug preparation and dispensing under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist.
- Performs other tasks as assigned, which can include assisting in any area of the pharmacy as directed by management.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in pharmacy data entry and/or adjudication.
- Basic understanding of drugs, medication terminology, and metric system; ability to operate a computer.
- Licenses/Certifications:As required by state regulations and business needs.
- Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, customer service, oral communication.
- Must be available to workMonday - Fridaybetween the hours of 11:30am - 7:00pm with alternating weekends.
Accelerate Your Career with PharMerica!