PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica isone of the nation'slargest institutional pharmacy companies. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in 45 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica has acquired PropacPayless, an independent senior living and long-term care pharmacy based in Vancouver, WA, from Moda Health.
PropacPayless has more than 34,000 clients, primarily in the Northwest and West. With this new partnership, companies will build on PropacPayless’ customer relationships while using PharMerica’s scale, proximity and clinical programs to serve the senior living, long-term care, hospital, home infusion, behavioral health, specialty and oncology pharmacy markets.
PharMerica in Vancouver, WA is recruiting a Data Entry Technician I with a Pharmacy Technician licenseto join our Corporate Processing team!This position is eligible for a $500 Sign On Bonus.
The Data Entry Technician I under thedirect supervision of a Pharmacy Technician Supervisor processes prescriptions by triaging and inputting into PMC computer systems according to PMC and DEA guidelines in a timely manner to allow prescriptions to be filled and delivered to the patient.
- Triage, interpret and input orders into computerized med order system while meeting accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy. Audits input versus documentation and makes corrections as needed.
- Performs drug calculations including basic mathematical calculations (e.g., converting milligrams, etc.).
- May resolve issues of denials identified through adjudication, and follow-up claims in Point of Sale (POS).
- Maintains current knowledge of Medicaid claim regulations and processes.
- May produce reports and keep management informed of unpaid claims and claims pending follow-up.
- Provides excellent customer service to external and internal customers in accordance with company values.
- May assist with drug preparation and dispensing under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist.
- Performs other tasks as assigned, which can include assisting in any area of the pharmacy as directed by management.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Washington Certified Pharmacy Technician License required.
- High School Dipolima or equivalent required.
- Required: Basic understanding of drugs, medication terminology, and metric system; ability to operate a computer.
- Desired: Data entry experience; long term care experience.
- Must be available to workMonday throughFriday 3:00 pm - midnight.
Accelerate Your Career with PharMerica!