COMPUTER ENGINEER I
Phantom Technical Services, a Central Ohio based Control Systems Integration firm, is seeking Computer Engineer I to join its staff.
Software/Database development, programming and installation for Industrial Controls Systems that utilizes research, development techniques and engineering approaches relating to Software Engineering for Control Systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participates In Installation, Startup, and Commissioning of Computer Applications for Control Systems.
· Participates In System Architecture Development.
· Entry Level Web Design and Application Development.
· Entry Level Database Programming.
· Entry Level Operator Interface Programming (GUI Interfaces).
· Verifies and Validates system architectures and software functions from conception to completion for Controls related Software Application.
· Testing, debugging and updating custom Applications.
· Operations & Maintenance Manual Creation and Development utilizing Technical Writing.
· Degree in Computer Science Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering Technology or related field (or equivalent industry experience).
· 1-2 years experience.
· High-level proficiency using software development tools and languages.
· Experience with one or more of the following databases: SQL / Oracle / DB2
· Experience with one or more of the following reporting software: Crystal Report / SSRS.
· Experience developing web-based systems is preferred.
· Experience with Controls Engineering systems is preferred.
· Ability to read, interpret documents and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or other schematic formats.
· Advanced Engineering related Math skills.
· Ability to solve complex problems involving several variables (concrete and non-concrete) in standard and non-standard situations.
· Exceptional analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including proven technical writing skills.
· Ability to troubleshoot independently and resolve issues.
· Ability to write accurate reports and correspondence on a routine basis.
· Ability and willingness to deliver high volume & accurate work product in a timely, organized and effective manner.
· Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Proficiency with general Microsoft applications including Excel, Outlook, Word, Access, Project, and Visio.
· Ability to lift 25 pounds for extended durations and up to 50 -75 pounds for short durations.
· Ability to perform Installation, Startup, and Computer Application Commissioning for periods up to 12 hours a day, as required by the customer.
· Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, kneel, stoop for periods up to 12 hours a day during Installation, Startup, and Computer Application Commissioning.
· Ability to work in customer facilities with noise levels at 85 decibels for at least 12 hours a day (hearing protection provided) in climate controlled & non-climate controlled facilities (both indoor and outdoor).
We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Qualified/Interested candidates: send resume w/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phantom Technical Services, Inc.
111 Outerbelt Street
Columbus, Ohio 43213
Phantom Technical Services, Inc.
Why Work Here?Phantom Technical Services, Inc. is a Central Ohio based Control Systems Integration firm providing Industrial Controls services to its clients across a multitude of industries.
Growing Industrial Controls Automation firm with room for growth and a variety of project work across multiple industries!