IT Network Administrator
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
At Phantom Space Corporation, we provide a rare opportunity to join a startup founded by people who are passionate about what they do. We are seeking like-minded people who inspire others with their drive, determination, and unshakable work ethic, to join our team.
About the Role
Phantom is looking for an IT Network Administrator to manage the Company's Information Systems. This position will assure the development and implementation of data processing, computer operations and related functions (communications, office systems, production activities, etc.) Support, configure, maintain and upgrade Company networks and in house servers. Provide on-going analysis and planning of all information systems. Identify and lead changes, upgrades, and new projects to facilitate meeting the dynamic business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure network security and connectivity, installation and integration of new server hardware and applications
- Firewall, router and switch design, deployment and management
- Monitor network performance and test for weakness
- Support and administer third-party applications as well as hosted services like Jira, Confluence and GitLab
- Managing services such as AWS, Azure, and Microsoft365 GCC High
- Develop risk identification, analysis and mitigation strategies; Evaluate business needs, objectives, and goals by researching available products and designating procedures to best meet those needs
- Maintain awareness of changing trends and regulations and acts as required
- Develop configuration and performance standards. Implement and monitor controls to ensure such maintenance
- Develop and maintain backup and disaster recovery plans
- Review periodically department procedures, staffing and equipment for maximum efficiency while controlling costs
- Ensure service support in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
- Work with third party service providers to
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Procure applications and licensing
- Manage Firmware updates and Windows patching
- Establish alert and monitoring system management processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience in the computer science field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a technology user support and/or infrastructure management role
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a desktop administrator, network administrator or systems administrator in a business environment
- Understanding of NIST 800-171 compliance requirements, specifically FIPS 140-2
- Extensive experience in Local and Wide Area Networks
- Extensive experience with personal computers and software applications
- Extensive experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Ability to develop well-defined project plans including procedures, deadlines, and accountability
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Certification in Microsoft, VMware, Cisco or similar industry programs
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Phantom, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Salary and Benefits
We are competitive in compensation and offer equity as part of the package. We have competitive benefits that include health, vision, dental, 401K in comparison to other startups.
ITAR Requirements: This position requires compliance with U.S. Government space technology trade restrictions, specifically the International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and additional regulations governing satellite, launch vehicle, missile, and other related technologies. All jobs restricted by these regulations will be contingent upon the applicant’s status as a documented U.S. Person or their ability to receive a trade license from the cognizant government agency; in addition to any required company background checks and in compliance with applicable U.S. laws. Similarly, positions requiring the ability to work on government contracts or a security clearance are also contingent upon the applicants ability to receive the appropriate clearance and be allowed to work on U.S. government contracts.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Phantom Space CorporationTucson, AZ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.