Laboratory Manager / Alternate Responsible Person (RP)
Laboratory Name: Phamatech, Inc.
City: San Diego
The Laboratory Manager / Alternate RP will have professional, organizational, educational, and administrative responsibility for the lab. The Laboratory Manager / Alternate RP will execute and administer duties including but not limited to reviewing QC data, investigating problems and implementing appropriate corrective actions, ensuring staff compliance with the SOP, and authorizing changes in procedures. The Laboratory Manager / Alternate RP must assume Laboratory Manager / Alternate RP duties in the event that the RP is not able to be physically present in the laboratory for a period of two weeks or more. The Laboratory Manager / Alternate RP must be capable of day-to-day oversight of laboratory operations for up to 180 days, in the absence of the RP.
· Ensure adequate oversight of day-to-day operations
· Must ensure laboratory compliance with program requirements
· Must demonstrate adequate knowledge of the HHS Guidelines, Program Documents, and the NLCP Manual for Urine Laboratories
· Must have operational familiarity with and knowledge of the functions performed by the other RP in the event that the individual is absent from the laboratory
· Able to testify in court to analytical laboratory results, if necessary
· Engage in the daily management of the laboratory
· Establish a training program for personnel
· Ensure that the personnel are sufficiently trained
· Ensure that the SOP is complete, current, available, and followed by all personnel
· Ensure that analytical methods are properly validated
· Establish a quality assurance program sufficient to legally and scientifically support results
· Establish acceptable performance limits for calibrators and controls
· Ensure that the corrective action is taken when errors occur, including issues identified in inspections and PT phases of the NLCP
· Ensure that results provided by the laboratory are accurate and reliable
· Ensure that all laboratory software has been validated
· Provide courtroom testimony when necessary
· Must be present and available for interview during all NLCP inspections
· Education: 6+ years’ experience with a BS in Forensic Science or another scientific field, or 4+ years’ and a Master’s degree, or a PhD
· Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite as well as the ability to quickly learn the LIMS software system
· This is a full-time position and must be physically present at the laboratory a minimum of 5 days a week and average at least 40 hours per week when the laboratory is in operation
We are looking for friendly hard-working individuals who can multi-task and prioritize duties.
Serious applicants apply only.
There are part-time and full-time positions available.
Go to http://www.phamatech.com/index3.php/careers/ to download and complete application packet.
Please state which position you are applying for in the subject line.
Phamatech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.