Tasting Room Associate
Pezzi King Winery Geyserville, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hired individuals are eligible for $400 retention bonus after successful completion of 90 day introductory period!
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our outstanding sales team at Pezzi King Winery!
Our wines are carefully crafted by our award-winning winemaker Chris Barrett. If you enjoy connecting with others, have a strong desire to succeed, and are a great story teller, we'd like to meet you!
We offer a cohesive team environment, excellent compensation, tip line, sales commissions, generous employee discount, and a robust benefit package!
Our Tasting Room Sales Associates provide an exceptional experience for all of our guests. They have the ability to leverage relationships which translates into sales of our wine and wine club memberships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects the essential functions and minimum qualifications for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Ensure that all guests are greeted immediately upon entry to the tasting room and provided with experiences that will build brand loyalty
- Communicate in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner to all guests
- Maintain the tasting room’s physical setting to reinforce standards of the brand by ensuring that displays of wine products are attractive and well-maintained
- ID guests to ensure each is of legal age to consume alcohol
- Serve samples of wine for guests in both individual and group settings
- Share appropriate information and educate guests about Pezzi King wines, brand history and sister wineries
- Promote the sale of wine products in the tasting room; pursue sales opportunities and encourage customers to buy Pezzi King wines and join our wine club
- Accurately use POS registers and other office systems to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory
- Accurately complete end of day reports, reconcile daily sales and post transactions
- Demonstrate personal accountability in following all company policies and procedures
- Perform opening and closing procedures, which includes but is not limited to: setup and breakdown of tables, chairs, umbrellas and all items related to tasting room operations
- Ensure cleanliness by performing various housekeeping duties
- Maintain physical inventory of merchandise items and perform restocking of wine
- Ensure the tasting menu is accurate and up-to-date
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to work events and execute special projects
- Work closely with the DTC Manager, Wine Club Coordinator, Director of Special Events, and the Reservations department
- Conduct off-site wine pouring
- Business to business outreach – by phone, email and in person.
- Other duties as assigned
- First-hand knowledge, appreciation and passion about wine and wine-related topics
- Must have reliable, insured transportation and an acceptable driving record
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage with guests, present a product, up sell & cross sell
- Exceptional interpersonal awareness, including relationship management and influencing skills
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and point-of-sale applications
- Database management, social media and data entry experience a plus
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up
- Must be available weekends, holidays and events and be able to work extended hours when needed
- Maintain/present a professional appearance
- Must be able to work independently and also work as part of a team
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Must have a positive and friendly disposition
- Ability to lift/move/carry 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis
- High School diploma or GED
- One year or more related experience preferred
- Responsible server certification preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the duties of this position. The employee is regularly working in a tasting room and may also work at the winery and in an office environment. Travel to the winery and special events may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. Events may have a higher level of noise at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be performed by a Tasting Room Sales Associate in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to prioritize and execute multiple tasks
- The employee is regularly required to use hands, arms and fingers to open and pour wine, operate a register, perform housekeeping and opening/closing duties, lift/move/carry cases of wine and operate standard office machines
- Must be able to taste, smell, listen, hear and speak
- The employee is frequently required to stand, move and walk for prolonged periods of time
- The employee must be able to lift/move/carry 50 pounds on a repetitive basis
- The employee is occasionally required to reach, sit, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Must be able to interact in a positive manner with guests and co-workers
This position description may be amended at any time.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.
Pezzi King Winery
BusinessView all jobs at Pezzi King Winery