South Arlington Plant Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The SVP of OEQ is seeking an experienced, insightful, and forward-thinking plant with the following responsibilities.
- Planning, organizing, directing, and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Responsibility for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Be the transformational leader that drives the implementation of the Value Stream Manager lead organizational structure
We are looking for a transformational Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes: a leader that is part of the day-to-day activity on the plant floor and leads by example, a leader who requires decision-making with credible data and not by emotion, a leader who challenges the strongest and weakest members of the team and surrounds themselves with talent, and above all, a leader who leads with respect.
Plant Manager Job Duties
The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They develop processes that will maximize accountability, safety, quality, delivery, and cost (productivity).
- Drive a safety culture where no person is injured in or around our workplace
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Influence and learn from below, build accountable, engaged leadership and team members
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining a zero defect to the consumer quality mindset
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger, track and execute permanent corrective actions
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts – drive continuous improvement as a critical culture of the operation
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Plant Manager
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory, and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
Must be able to read, right and verbally communicate in English to all levels of the organization.
Must be proficient in the use of the following programs: MS office suite, with strength in Excel, and Teams
Ability to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer screen in an office environment. A moderate tolerance of loud noises if needed to go out into the production facility.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Get fresh Plant Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.