Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
Peterson Holding has an immediate need for an experienced Accounts Payable Coordinator at our Hillsboro, OR location.
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers' first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee's hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson's strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor under limited supervision, performs clerical accounting functions where judgment and independent action are required. The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for analyzing vendor invoices and ensuring timely payment as well as managing complex inquiries. This position is also responsible for mentoring and coaching Account Payable Clerks. Must be familiar with working in a high volume environment.
- Match approved purchase orders with vendor billings/invoices. Prepare invoices for payment processing in accordance with defined coding instructions.
- Compile and post transactions into the A/P System to designated accounts.
- Supports adherence to company policies, rules and regulations; assist in maintaining a high level of productivity and morale. Provides support to staff as needed
- Understand GL structure to accurately code expenses to proper business entity, department and GL account. Help develop coding guidelines as the business changes.
- Reconcile vendor statements against payables system
- Provides expertise and guidance to resolve problems related to on-line system to Accounting and Operations personnel.
- Manage complex and escalated vendor inquiries and requests
- Analyze accounts payable workflow efficiencies and determine future automation capabilities, system integrations and upgrades
- Helps prepare audit work papers and assist auditors.
- Maintain related Accounts Payable files (hard copy and soft copy) as needed.
- Place and respond to internal and external phone calls and emails regarding vendor activity as required. Provide assistance to both accounting and operations personnel to help resolve Accounts Payable questions or problems.
- Assist with Expense report processing for accuracy and eligibility.
- Perform certain related duties and functions as required by the Senior Accountants of Peterson's operating companies. Each Company requires different entry/handling methods.
- Identify and Reconcile customer account discrepancies.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from an accredited program or certification in Accounting; and three (3) to four (4) year's related accounting experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and effectively; Read with comprehension the necessary related documentation.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.