Onsite Project Engineer/Coordinator - Steel Construction
- Per Diem
PROJECT ENGINEER/COORDINATOR - STEEL CONSTRUCTION JOB DESCRIPTION
Will work on project sites throughout the United States as required. Must be willing/able to travel and be stationed at project assignments. The Project Coordinator tracks site related costs, documents, production units, and other data as directed by site manager. Job duties may vary depending on project size and magnitude, but see below for a sampling:
- Study and learn the job contract, scope of work, schedule,
- Progressively/constantly plan ahead. Identify/plan for areas that may be problems
- Issue and maintain log of all RFI (Request for Information) documents and sign off documents by
- Research and analyze changes and what impacts they will have to the original scope of work. Generate Change Order Requests based off these documents, prepare all scope change order documents for PM to prepare for formal cost change order to
- Embrace and foster the company safety culture, policies and Corporate Safety
- Coordinate activities with subcontractors and vendors on
- Maintain a record set of all Red Line as built drawings and specifications to
- Prepare turnover package documents and manage system for tracking of completeness and signatures for acceptance. Support compliance with company QA/QC policies and
- Set up punch list log and manage the completeness with the support of construction
- Maintain site survey
- Submit daily reports to client.
- Responsible for preparation of all project purchase orders (PO), maintain a purchase order file to include all documents relating to PO. Includes receiving documents, requisition documents, OSD (overages, shortages, damages) reports, small tools and consumables PO's.
- Set up and maintain a material receiving report per standard company procedures: Receiving Tickets, OSD (overages, shortages, damages) reports, small tools & consumables PO's.
- Maintain construction equipment
- Work with construction personnel in managing the subcontractor progress and billing along with any scope changes to contract: Document subcontract manning levels on a daily basis, manage subcontractor change request.
- Schedule update, manage information for project schedule and confer with construction and PM on critical path issues and schedule activity
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Skills: Independent judgment, excellent organizational skills, and the flexibility to coordinate multiple projects with frequent interruptions, accuracy, project management. Excellent communications skills - verbal and written. Excellent computer skills (MS Office -Excel, Outlook, Project, Word), Raken, Procore, knowledge of phone systems, good typing and general office
- Basic understanding of construction job site administrative duties
- 3-5 years directly related project coordinator or field engineer experience preferred. Civil Engineering, Construction Technology or Construction Management related degree
Competitive Salary based on experience, Per Diem, Group Health Insurance, 401-K
PBI and its subsidiaries are committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
Peterson Beckner IndustriesPueblo, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.