Petersburg Healthcare Center -
Petersburg Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an RN Wound / Treatment Nurse to join our team. Wound Certification preferred.
$5000 Sign on Bonus!
This position works Monday - Friday from 8 am - 4:30 pm with on call Weekend Rotation once in 5 weeks.
The position of the RN Wound / Treatment Nurse supervises, coordinates and provides specialized nursing care including for residents and leadership to the nursing staff to assure that care standards are met and the highest degree of quality resident care is provided at all times. The position must function as a team member, team leader, and supervisor to ensure that work is accomplished and quality care is delivered, supporting team members and leading the way in celebrating team successes. While focusing on delivering quality care, the position must also manage the resources within their control and assist others in managing resources.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all treatments, dressing changes, ointments, sprays, lotions, etc. on all residents following center policy and procedures as it pertains to resident privacy, infection control, and physician’s orders.
- Perform routine monthly replacements of gastric tubes and Foley catheters as assigned.
- Obtain initial and revised treatment orders. (Orders will be totally processed via telephone orders, physician order sheets, treatment record etc. by staff nurse in the hours that the treatment nurse is not on duty)
- Re-order treatment supplies from pharmacy or central supply as needed.
- Check resident records daily to be sure any new treatment orders have been transcribed and supplies ordered and added to the Plan of Care.
- Document the character, size, color, drainage, process, or lack of healing etc. on all reports or other required documents.
- Perform trach care and suctioning.
- Recommend treatment at least 1 time weekly in the nurse notes, skin grids, pressure sore reports, or other required documents.
- Recommend treatment procedures or products to attending physicians.
- Maintain sterile technique and dispose of soiled dressing in bio-hazardous waste.
- Complete corporate monitors as directed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the financial aspects of nursing operations and provide accurate documentation of all services in order to assure accurate reimbursement from all payor sources.
- Manage the resources available in the role of treatment nurse while ensuring that needed resources are available and that quality care is delivered to all residents.
- Ensure that a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for residents is maintained at all times and assure that resident needs are met.
- Maintain resident documentation, records, and charts to ensure an accurate, up to date record of the resident’s medical treatments.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Participate in and provide scheduled training, educational classes, and orientation programs to maintain licensure of self and certification of team members and enhance quality of care.
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a current license as a RN in the state where the center is located. Wound Certification preferred.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved RN program.
- Current CPR certification required, ACLS preferred.
- Prior work/life experiences, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Prior experience in treatment nursing care is desirable.
- Prior supervisory experience, preferably in a long-term care center.
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.
Petersburg Healthcare Center