Looking for a career where you can have a direct impact on people? A company that actually makes something? A product that is deeply personal and impactful to those who need it? Welcome to Peter Troost Monument Company! We are seeking a creative successful sales designer based in our Hillside, IL office. We are proud to be the largest family-owned monument company in the nation now in our fifth generation. Our employees are known for their professionalism, creativity and design excellence. We take the time to know each customer individually and listen to their loved one’s life story. Then we create a memorial that meets their unique needs.
If you thrive on providing superior customer service; if you are an innovative high-energy individual with sales experience, then this is the place for you! Join us and watch your creations become treasured family heirlooms. Visit our website at www.troost.com
What will you do in this position?
- Successfully sell our full range of products and services and follow up with all prospects. Be persistent and helpful.
- This role will be one of several core contacts at our main office in Hillside assisting customers and area funeral homes with any necessary support.
- Generate new business by leveraging relationships with community contacts and contacts within the industry. Additionally, develop new customer sources through outside sales prospecting of park districts, architects, cemeteries, veterans’ groups, etc.
- Properly and completely prepare all necessary paperwork related to the sale.
- Provide post-sale customer support as needed.
- Properly calculate selling prices and accurately process orders, including specifying all necessary details of materials, style, measurement, finish and design.
- Research obituary notices to send marketing materials.
- Regularly attend networking events such as funeral home and cemetery association meetings.
- Collect, record and account for all funds in accordance with company policies.
- Attend sales seminars, sales meetings or other educational activities to stay up to date on the latest developments, trends and regulations in the marketplace.
- Maintain a friendly, professional relationship with funeral directors, their staffs and cemetery personnel.
What are we looking for?
- 5 years of sales experience with B2C required; preferably experience in commission sales.
- Design or artist creativity required. Include 3 to 5 sketch drawings with resume.
- Ability to utilize/read a ruler for measurements.
- Excellent knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a multi-tasking environment.
What do we offer?
- Full-time employment at a stable, growing company with a stellar 130-year reputation.
- Opportunity to work at a company where individuals are recognized and contribute significantly and directly to our success.
- The schedule for this position is 8:30am – 5:00pm 5 days a week; working one weekend day per week. For example, schedule could by Monday – Saturday 8:30am – 5:00pm; off on Wednesday and Sunday.
- Benefits include competitive pay with first year earnings potential $50k-$60k; health, vision, dental and life insurance; 401k plan; paid vacation; paid holidays and more.
PTMC is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected status.