Position Overview – Assist the Accounting department with data entry, processing, accounting filing, and recording transactions. Additional duties to be assigned as needed by the Accounting Department.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the Accounting Team with administrative assignments as required. This will include mailing monthly statements as well as daily invoicing, by mail and email, and accounting filing.
- Entering accounts payables into the company computer system.
- Entering accounts receivables into the company computer system and prepare deposit slips for the bank as needed.
- Notify supervisors of discrepancies while processing accounts payable or accounts receivable entries.
- Review purchase requisitions daily, ensuring all information necessary is provided (vendor code, item, description, G/L account, unit price, quantity, etc.).
- Follow up with “purchaser” of requisition entry discrepancies and make adjustments to order as necessary for processing.
- Process purchase requisitions into purchase orders and email to appropriate vendors.
- Run end of day shipping reports and email to appropriate team members for review.
- Review UPS and FedEx reports daily for any freight charges needing to be added to orders.
- Daily processing of shipped orders into invoices, reviewing invoicing batches for appropriate G/L accounts, posting invoicing batches when complete.
- Enter accounts receivable adjustments as needed.
- Review company Dun & Bradstreet profile, report ratings, and submit trade references and slow payment disputes monthly.
- Perform any other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Computer literacy
- Excellent phone and customer service skills
- Functional capability with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to make sound decisions and accept responsibility
- Ability to work with others
Peter Paul Electronics Co., Inc.
Why Work Here?PeterPaul founded in 1947, is a premier manufacturer of solenoid valves including high flow, explosion proof, high pressure, plastic, safety and mini valves. PeterPaul configures possibilities from solenoid valves that operate with power as low as 1/2 watt and pressure ratings from vacuum to as high as 5000 psi. PeterPaul is located in New Britain, Connecticut and Fajardo, Puerto Rico. High quality design, innovative research and product development set PeterPaul apart from other manufactures. Continuous improvement is in the fabric of the company on all levels with people having years of experience, dedication and pride. We look forward to meeting with you.
Great work environment and team
New Britain, CT