As an Assistant Manager in one of our retail stores you'll help cultivate this experience. You'll be responsible for overseeing sales, helping to train new staff, maintaining customer service standards, assisting with store merchandising and inventory control, and keeping general operations running smoothly. By ensuring that we offer a superior shopping experience you'll be helping people have a great time outdoors.
- Assist with training new staff
- Coach new and existing staff to increase sales
- Build loyal customer relationships by ensuring employees provide the highest level of service
- Assist with merchandising and product placement to ensure maximum impact
- Help monitor and maintain inventory accuracy
- Assist with general operations such as cash management, sales floor coverage, breaks, etc.
- Attend product training sessions and relay appropriate information to sales staff
- Assist Store Manager with monitoring low-stock and out-of-stock items
- Help customers find products that best fit their needs
- Stay informed on latest gear and trends
We are looking for someone who enjoys customer interaction and has prior supervisory experience. Candidates should demonstrate a strong interest in and commitment to the ski/outdoor industry.
Applicants for the position of Assistant Manager should be:
- Strong computer skills a must
- Able to direct staff, take responsibility, and troubleshoot problems
- Self-motivated and driven to improve
- Comfortable in a fast-paced retail environment
- Interested in expanding personal knowledge about products and outdoor sports
- Experience (helpful) with ski, snowboard and outdoor sports equipment and clothing and have the ability to communicate that knowledge
- Strong communicators with strong inter-personal skills
- Experienced in a supervisory capacity
- People-oriented, taking pride in helping customers make choices or resolve problems
- Supportive members of a team
- Fluent in English; the ability to speak a second language is a plus
- Able to work weekends and evenings
- Able to lift up to 25-50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- College degree in business, retail management, or related field a plus
Benefits include a fun team environment, competitive pay, and big discounts on top brands like Burton, Spyder, and The North Face. Regular full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation and sick time, paid holidays, 401K, health insurance, dental insurance, supplemental insurance, and group term-life insurance.