Family Medicine Physician (MD/DO)
- Posted: over a month ago
Petaluma Health Center is an eleven-time award winner in the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and we were named as one of the Healthiest Companies in the North Bay' by the North Bay Business Journal for the last 5 consecutive years.
The Petaluma Health Center's mission is to provide high quality health care with access for all in Southern Sonoma County & West Marin. We pride ourselves on our Patient-Centered care while maintaining an engaging environment for our staff. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
FULL TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
- 21 Days of Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance (Entire deductible paid by us!)
- 30 Chiropractor and Acupuncture visits per year included with enrollment in our health insurance plans (Kaiser and WHA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Gym Membership Discounts at Synergy Health Club and 24-Hour Fitness!
- 401K Matching after 1 year of employment
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care FSA
- Life Insurance (included at no cost to the employee)
- Long Term Disability (included at no cost to the employee)
- Employee Assistance Program (included at no cost to the employee)
The Petaluma Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality health care, with access for all, in Sonoma County. The Center accomplishes this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
As a Family Medicine Physician, you’ll get the chance to work in a team based environment that is integrated with behavioral health. You’ll have your own patient panel and fully supported by Certified Medical Assistants, Referral Specialists and RN’s. Our physicians practice across the full spectrum of family medicine.
You will have the chance to mentor/teach medical students who rotate through the clinic and participate in The Center for Education in Community Medicine and our NP/PA Residency Program.
Petaluma Health Center has two large clinics - one located in Petaluma and another located in Rohnert Park. Our scope of services include: Family Medicine, Maternity, Behavioral & Mental Health, Wellness, Optometry, Dental and Specialty Services.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides primary medical care and mental health services to residents of Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Penngrove and surrounding areas. We are organized as a private, non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
Interested in Student Loan Repayment? Are you an NHSC Scholar? Apply! We have a favorable score of 19 for Primary Care!
For more information about us, please visit us at www.phealthcenter.org.Our health center, located in Petaluma and in Rohnert Park, is a leading innovator in integrative medicine, team based collaborative care, and technology. We offer our providers the opportunity to practice a full scope or partial scope of family medicine and primary care. We offer flexible schedules, loan repayment, a full suite of benefits and competitive salaries.
As a Family Medicine Physician, you’ll provide quality primary medical care in a compassionate, caring and innovative environment. As part of our medical provider team, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in all clinic strategic initiatives as we continue to grow and develop new healthcare programs. You will work primarily in an outpatient community clinic environment and also take after hours calls, participate in weekend clinics, supervise PA/NP staff, and work with outside locations associated with the Petaluma Health Center, such as school based clinics and skilled nursing facilities. Our Providers have the opportunity to participate and impact how healthcare is delivered to our patients.
Provider areas of responsibility: Our MDs/DOs provide direct medical care to patients, including but not limited to:
- Physical examinations
- Development of differential diagnoses
- Order laboratory studies
- Medications and referrals, when appropriate
- Administer and prescribe treatments as appropriate
- Promote healthy lifestyles by advising patients on diet, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Document patient information, both timely and accurately as per protocol.
- Effectively manage situations that require medical follow-up.
- Actively participate in internal quality improvement teams and work with team members to proactively drive improvement initiatives.
- Graduate from an accredited medical school
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- 2+ years of professional experience, preferably in a community based health clinic preferred
- Board Certified MD with current California License and DEA.
- State of California Medical License or Osteopathic Physician License
- Federal DEA Registration
- Medical Specialty License or Certification
- Board certified or Board Eligible in Specified Area of Medical Specialty Must maintain CME as required for certification renewals
- Must be CPR Certified.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel. Use of a web browser. Electronic Medical Records.
The Petaluma Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary Scale: $197,000 to $245,065 per year
The compensation amounts listed above do not include relocation assistance, sign-on bonus, productivity or quality/service incentives, call pay, extra shift incentives, if applicable to the position.
Petaluma Health Center
HealthcareView all jobs at Petaluma Health Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?