Petaluma Health Center Inc Petaluma, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
New employees are mandated to either provide proof of their COVID vaccination or to receive the vaccine, either through PHC or their own provider, with the first dose of a series required before the first day of employment. Exception to this mandate will be considered for those with a medical or religious exemption.
Summary: The Chiropractor operates in a team with other health center providers and support staff to provide specialty care to all age groups in accordance with the scope of practice. The Chiropractor provides diagnostic and therapeutic services for Petaluma Health Center patients, while making reasonable and sound medical assessments and treatment plans.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Take appropriate history; perform physical examination of patients over age eight, order pertinent diagnostics and implement appropriate therapy according to standard medical and chiropractic practice
- Assessment of patient will include physical examinations, development of differential diagnoses, order laboratory and imaging studies, prescribe treatments, and obtain additional referrals as appropriate
- Utilize chiropractic manual therapies for the treatment of common primary care conditions including but not limited to the following: acute and chronic pain control, musculoskeletal pain, neuralgias, and headache
- Perform routine manual or mechanical osseous and soft tissue chiropractic procedures for axial neuro-musculoskeletal disorders or complaints (excluding cervical manipulation therapy)
- Perform routine manual and mechanical osseous and soft tissue chiropractic procedures for non-axial neuro-musculoskeletal disorders or complaints
- Trigger point therapy (excluding injections)
- Therapeutic exercises
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Therapeutic modalities including air, sound, cold, exercise, heat, light, massage, ultrasound, and hydrotherapy
- Obtain appropriate consults when problems presented are outside scope of practice or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of the patient's care
- Promote healthy lifestyles by advising patients on diet, hygiene, and disease prevention
- Communicate effectively with the patient throughout the physician patient relationship, provide appropriate patient education, and demonstrate respect for the culturally determined needs of patients
- Document patient information, both timely and accurately as per protocol
- Shows consistent and determined intent to be competent, meeting or exceeding the community standard of care
- Demonstrate competent knowledge in delivering health care to patients through peer review as established through the medical staff bylaws, recommendations of each licensing Board, and clinic Quality improvement Program. Participates in the peer Contribution, considering carefully the opinions of colleagues
- Cooperate with the rest of the medical staff in assuring after hours and Saturday and evening hour's coverage for the clinic patients
- Actively participate in internal quality improvement teams and work with team members to proactively drive improvement initiatives as requested
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Graduate from an accredited chiropractic school
- Five years of specialty experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed chiropractor with current California License in good standing
- Must maintain continuing education as required for certification renewals
- Must be CPR/ BLS Certified
- Candidate must be able to successfully meet PHC's credentialing and privileging requirements
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and requests from patients, co-workers, and others as necessary. Bilingual in English and Spanish, both written and verbal preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to recognize problems, collect data and establish facts.
Computer Skills: High level of computer literacy and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), electronic medical records and web applications.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Movement within health center complex environment repeatedly throughout the day
- Ability to write by hand, use phone, use computer keyboard and mouse extensively to perform general office functions
- Manual wrist and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions for extended periods of time
- Ability to effectively communicate by hearing continuously and speech in a manner which can be understood by a diverse population
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have visual acuity near and far (20 inches to 20 feet), depth perception, field of vision, ability to focus on an object, ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time (minimum periods of one (1) hour at a time)
- Ability to frequently walk, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and climb with the use of a step stool
- Ability to grasp, hold and pick up and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to fifteen (15) pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to thirty-five (35) pounds (periodic lifting of supplies or equipment)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel to and from other health center sites and community locations
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to Health Center areas and general office environment. The work environment is a clean, well-lit, well-ventilated, and temperature controlled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The hours of duty are lengthy and irregular.
Acknowledgment: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The Employee may be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
Petaluma Health Center Inc
HealthcareView all jobs at Petaluma Health Center Inc