- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 to $15 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental,
Is shopping with your 4-legged family member a tail waggin’ good time? Do you believe carry out isn’t just about pizza, it’s for bags of kibble too? If you’re the leader of the pack and enjoy providing products and services that enrich pets’ lives, then come work in our neighborhood!
As a Shift Lead you’re pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity during your work day, you will:
- help your store team by example – including, but definitely not limited to, greeting a neighbor and their new puppy when they enter the store
- join the conversation when you hear a team member assisting a neighbor in choosing between three very good natural dog food brands
- analyze your store sales results and develop plans to maximize sales, neighbor engagement and productivity in the Store Team Leader’s absence
- create a fun, positive environment for the team and your neighbors; and a reputation for neighborly, knowledgeable, trustworthy, petcentric service in your neighborhood
...all while engaging with our neighbors and smiling in the face of puppy breath. Are you awesome? No, you’re more than that. You’re PAWsome.
Shift Lead key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the operational management of the stores
- Adhering to operational policies and procedures (cleanliness, animal care, safety and security) that ensure exceptional service is provided to our neighbors
- Assisting in promoting team member engagement and morale by understanding individual motivation and needs, recognizing and rewarding successful performance, and helping them achieve career goals
- Maintaining a fully staffed team and leads recruiting and onboarding for all levels in the store
- Cultivating a learning culture by providing exceptional onboarding and development opportunities, along with coaching and feedback to team members
- Connecting with community organizations to partner on events and marketing opportunities.
PAWsome Shift Lead will have: * 2+ years of experience leading a retail team
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Office knowledge is a must, as well as good communication skills
- Ability to operate all equipment to run the store is important, as well as being able to climb ladders, bend, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds (that cat litter can be heavy!)
- Be able to work flexible schedules, have reliable transportation and must pass the drug, background and validated selection test, and be 18 years or older.
Job Type: Full-time
Pet Supplies Plus
5963 S Goldenrod RdGoldenrod, FL
RetailView all jobs at Pet Supplies Plus
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?