**MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO APPLY**
If you are looking to join one of the largest retail operations dedicated to providing Pet Parents with the best selection of pet care items and passionate customer service, join the Pet Supermarket team! Our Assistant Store Managers possess some of the following key skills: Outgoing, upbeat, people-person, sales driven, and great organizational skills. Our Pet Experts also thrive in a high-energy environment where they work together to drive results and help Pet Parents with all their pet needs. We are dedicated to making a difference in our community and want you to be a part of our team! This may be the right opportunity for you if you are interested in making a difference in the lives of pets and their parents!
Our Assistant Store Managers are at the front lines providing friendly customer service and giving Pet Parents the best selection of pet care items! You are responsible for contributing to the success of the store by assisting the Store Manager in executing store operations. The ASM will assist and manage the 3rd Key, 4th Key, and Sales Associates in order to continue to provide our customers with World Class Service.
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive pay
· Full-time benefits & 401K
· Vacation & Sick time
· Employee discounts
· Flexible schedule
· Room for advancement
· Working with PETS!!!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure proper care of all pets in store as outlined in the Animal Care Manual
· Maintain a high level of professionalism and positive attitude in the workplace, including conducting oneself in an appropriate manner when communicating verbally, in writing or by email.
· Partner with your Store Manager in providing guidance and direction to store team in the areas of customer satisfaction, associate development, inventory control, human resources, safety, loss prevention and expense control, so that the store may operate as efficiently and profitably as possible.
- Accountable for financial results, operational metrics, operational standards, and human resource management for their areas of responsibility
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Partner with your Store Manager to maintain store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Provides continuous feedback to associates by recognizing and rewarding successful performance and addressing performance-related problems.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Follow and enforce all company policies and procedures to include operational and merchandising direction that is communicated from the Corporate Office
· Ability to work rotating schedule that includes the following:
o 2 evening shifts per week
o 1 full weekend (Saturday and Sunday) every 3 weeks
o Saturday and Sunday twice a month
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule which will include morning, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
· Ability to work a minimum of 45 hours per week
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
· Access to a motor vehicle
Education and/or Experience
· Management Experience at least 3+ years in retail establishment
· Working knowledge of POS system preferred
· Strong sales ability
Employee Management and Development
· Inspire and engage employees by motivating the team to succeed
· Lead by example
· Observe and coach employee to provide feedback around sales techniques and providing excellent customer service
· Develop and execute individual development plans for store employees
· Develop employees for growth and promotion by delegating appropriate responsibilities and inspecting completion
Pet Supermarket is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace