Pet Paradise Resort Rio Rancho, NM
- Posted: 19 days ago
Fetch-playing, dog-walking, cat-sitting, that-spot-behind-the-ear-scratching pet people. And when it comes to pet care, no one cares more than we do. Where "all in a day's work" means "all in a day's play" with playtime pool sessions, relaxation, and making furry new friends. This is Pet Paradise.
Searching for a work environment and employment perks that both you and your pet will enjoy? You have landed in Paradise. At Pet Paradise, your furry best friend will enjoy complimentary Dog Day Camp and complimentary Pet Boarding (up to thirty non-holidays per year). Your pet will feel like a VIP with discounts on Veterinary Care including vaccinations, Hill's Science Diet, veterinary products, and Wellness Plans at our locations with clinics. Don't want to wait two weeks for payday? We offer on-demand pay with DailyPay. We also offer Pet Adoption Assistance, quarterly Fitness Reimbursement, Paid Time Off (PTO), and Paid Holidays for both part-time and full-time employees. All employees are eligible for a Performance Bonus every Quarter. Our full-time employees are eligible for medical benefits and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. Finally, we have a robust internal leadership development program (Unleashed Leadership Academy) with graduations several times a year if you want to make working with pets a career.
ABOUT PET PARADISE
Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, Pet Paradise's full-service pet care destination is dedicated to giving pet parents access to all the premium care they need to give their furry family member the happiest, healthiest, longest life possible. The Pet Paradise brand has grown to offer resort-style pet day camp and care, professional pet grooming, low-stress and high-quality veterinary care, and of course, overnight boarding that feels like home, all under one roof. Located in nine states with more than 50 locations in operation or under development, Pet Paradise continues to expand in the United States. For more information about Pet Paradise visit petparadise.com
The Resort Manager leads the daily operations, programs, and staff of the Resort assuring compliance with company standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties of the Resort Manager:
- Lead resort teams through daily operations
- Motivates supervisory and associate level team members through recognition programs
- Organize and maintain procedures for both back-of-house and front-of-house operations
- Manages operations in accordance with company standards of safety, cleanliness, and conduct
- Ability to keep a high-level of communication through resort, regional, and corporate teams regarding resort operations
- Responsible for handling maintenance issues, and partnership with regional maintenance crew
- Manages resort staffing by creating schedules, communicating staffing needs, conducting interviews, and hiring.
- Responsible for assisting new and existing team members in completing their required LMS courses and training guides, while providing ongoing coaching for development.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exemplifies our core values- Passion, Innovation, and Community
- Comfortable leading by example, including 'hands-on' task management
- Values learning, receptive to feedback, and strives for self-improvement
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple priorities
- Valid driver's license and working motor vehicle (applicable if willing to transport guests)
Perks and Benefits:
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp – Bring your dog with you to work!
- 30 Days of Complimentary Pet Boarding (non-holidays)
- On-demand pay with DailyPay
- Discounted Veterinary Care and Grooming Services (per location)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (both full-time and part-time status)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time status)
Required Education and Experience:
Qualified individual must have previous management experience in retail, restaurant, hospitality operations or similar; ability to read financial reports, manage payroll and inventory, motivate and engage staff and multi-task effectively.
Associates Degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or minimum two years related experience with strong training skills.
Work Environment & Physical Demand:
The work environment at Pet Paradise is fast-paced and the noise level is usually loud. The safety of our team members and pets is a high priority. As a Resort Manager, you may be exposed to animals that are agitated and/or injured. Animals may scratch and/or bite. Due to our unique work environment, you may work in outdoor weather conditions or high, precarious places. You may be exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
Resort Managers must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. A team lift may be required for heavier items. While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to talk and hear; stand; walk; sit and use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pet Paradise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Pet Paradise Resort
AddressRio Rancho, NM
TourismView all jobs at Pet Paradise Resort