Pet Paradise Resort Wilmington, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
Fetch-playing, dog-walking, cat-sitting, that-spot-behind-the-ear-scratching pet people. And when it comes to pet care, no one cares more than we do. Where "all in a day's work" means "all in a day's play" with playtime pool sessions, relaxation, and making furry new friends. This is Pet Paradise.
Searching for a work environment and employment perks that both you and your pet will enjoy? You have landed in Paradise. At Pet Paradise, your furry best friend will enjoy complimentary Dog Day Camp and complimentary Pet Boarding (up to thirty non-holidays per year). Your pet will feel like a VIP with discounts on Veterinary Care including vaccinations, Hill's Science Diet, veterinary products, and Wellness Plans at our locations with clinics. We also offer Pet Adoption Assistance, quarterly Fitness Reimbursement, Paid Time Off (PTO), and Paid Holidays for both part-time and full-time employees. All employees are eligible for a Performance Bonus every Quarter. Our full-time employees are eligible for medical benefits and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. Finally, we have a robust internal leadership development program (Unleashed Leadership Academy) with graduations several times a year if you want to make working with pets a career.
ABOUT PET PARADISE
Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, Pet Paradise's full-service pet care destination is dedicated to giving pet parents access to all the premium care they need to give their furry family member the happiest, healthiest, longest life possible. The Pet Paradise brand has grown to offer resort-style pet day camp and care, professional pet grooming, low-stress and high-quality veterinary care, and of course, overnight boarding that feels like home, all under one roof. Located in nine states with more than 50 locations in operation or under development, Pet Paradise continues to expand in the United States. For more information about Pet Paradise visit petparadise.com
As a Pet Groomer, you will:
- Groom, bathe, rinse, brush, and dry guests.
- Provide customer service in the form of consultations and explanation of services available/rendered with explanation of costs.
- Clean and maintain the grooming room and equipment.
- Identify external parasites and report them to the Resort Manager, Resort Assistant Manager or the Resort Supervisor.
- Work inside in a heated with high humidity area, with loud background noise from the dryers.
If you have the following, we just may have the perfect position for you!
- One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to handle a variety of sizes/breeds of canines and felines safely and comfortably
- Reliable and flexible to Resort scheduling needs including weekends and holidays as these are our busiest times.
Perks & Benefits
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp
- Complimentary Boarding (with limitations)
- Discounted Veterinary Care (per location)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (both full-time and part-time status)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time status)
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
The work environment at Pet Paradise is fast-paced and the noise level is usually loud. The safety of our team members and pets is a high priority. As a groomer, you may be exposed to animals that are agitated and/or injured. Animals may scratch and/or bite. Due to our unique work environment, you may occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions or high, precarious places. You may be exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
Groomers must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. A team lift may be required for heavier items. While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to talk and hear; stand for long periods at a time; walk; reach with hands and arms; have full use of both hands to properly secure animals; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pet Paradise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Pet Paradise Resort
AnimalView all jobs at Pet Paradise Resort