Job Title: Front Desk Supervisor
Reports To: Resort Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pet Paradise Resort is a comprehensive petcare provider offering boarding, day camp, grooming and veterinary services.At Pet Paradise, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for pets and our customers by providing exceptional pet care and an outstanding customer experience. Located in nine states and nearly forty locations, Pet Paradise continues to expand in the southern region of the United States.
For more information about Pet Paradise visitwww.petparadise.comor visit our social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo.
FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR
Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the front-end associates ensuring our clients receive superior customer service. Additionally, the Front Desk Supervisor may assist with the daily care of guests including, but not limited to: feeding, cleaning, exercising, and bathing.
Essential Functions of the Front Desk Supervisor include:
- Provide direct supervision of the Front Desk Associates including supervising, training and coaching Associates based on company standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Follow the check-in/departure procedures for all guests visiting the resort for any service provided by the resort.
- Answer all incoming phone calls.
- Provide updates to customers requesting information about their pet.
- Report and document (when applicable) to the Resort Manager and/or Resort Assistant Manager any potential hazards or behavioral problems involving guests or employees.*
- Emptying trash cans, mopping floors, cleaning of rest rooms, common areas, and employee break room.
- Maintain cleanliness of the lobby during operating hours.
- Make and confirm reservations as a back-up to central reservations
- Utilize the applicable software systems
- Assist Manager and Assistant Managers with required reporting tasks
- Assist Resort Manager in training employees, assign/direct work, reward/discipline employees, and conduct employee performance appraisals.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid-Time-Off for all employees
- Complimentary Doggy-Daycare
- Complimentary Boarding (Limited)
- Pet-Adoption Assistance
- Employee Referral Reimbursement
- Vet Services Discount
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health & Insurance (Full-time employment only)
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
A general understanding of Microsoft Office and Windows is preferred, but not required.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license (applicable if willing to transport guests)
Professional appearance in compliance with dress code
Confident and energetic personality
Strong organizational, cash management, and sales skills
Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task; work with minimal supervision
Reliable and flexible to Resort needs
Able to handle a variety of animals safely and comfortably
Motor vehicle(applicable if willing to transport guests)
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Resort Associates. Directly supervises 10-20 non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The Resort Supervisor may be exposed to animals that are agitated and/or injured. Animals may scratch and/or bite.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; team lifts are acceptable for weight over 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Pet Paradise Resort