- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a caring, fun, and friendly staff who enjoys treating our clients and patients with high levels of compassionate service. Our practice offers small animal/exotic/avian medical care, soft tissue laser surgery, laser therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture, digital radiology, dental prophylaxis, and in-house IDEXX laboratory. We are seeking an enthusiastic and kind Veterinary Assistant who is dedicated to quality client and patient service, and who enjoys being able to utilize all of their medical skills and training. We encourage each team member to continue learning and growing, and to help others learn and grow. Our pay for skills program has a starting hourly compensation rate- dependent on skill level. As you master your skills at your own pace, the hourly rate increases. PMC is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome diverse candidates. Our practice is located in eastern Washington with many outdoor activities such as boating, fishing, running and biking trails, and wineries.
This position includes (level dependent):
Providing compassionate care with a friendly, professional demeanor
Collecting laboratory samples (blood draws, urine, etc)
Assisting in surgery, exams, and with technician appointments
Treatment of dogs, cats, avian and exotic patients
Our hours are Monday - Friday 7am- 7pm and Saturday 9am-5pm. Applicants must be able to rotate through this weekly schedule and work 1 to 2 Saturdays a month. Position is for Part-Time (20-30 hours per week) or Full-Time (40 hours per week)- we are flexible with your needs.
Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including:
- Health insurance (>30 hours/week), dental insurance, paid vacation/sick time, uniforms, generous pet care discounts, paid medication clerk license, paid subscription to AtDove, continuing education reimbursement and PTO for CE, and 401k after 1 year of employment.
Requirements for Assistant:
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to lift up to 40# unassisted
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to stoop/reach/bend repeatedly and ability to remain on feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to work calmly, without drama, in a stressful environment
- Ability to obtain a Washington Veterinary Medication Clerk license within 4 months of hire is required (training is provided).
- Hiring dependent on background check and drug screening. Applicant must be 18 years of age or older. We will be willing to train the right candidate who meets the above requirements.
- At least 1 year formal animal experience (zoo, veterinary hospital, shelter, pet store employee in a care role, etc) or 2 years college-level science/animal related studies (biology, zoology, animal science etc). A combination of experience/education will be considered. Candidates that have preferred qualifications will be given higher consideration than other applicants.
TO APPLY THROUGH INDEED:
Please submit a resume and cover letter through Indeed.
Find out more about us:
Facebook: Pet Medical Center of Pasco
Instagram: @pmc_pasco & @theadventuresofwatty
Pet Medical Center of Pasco
Get fresh Staff Veterinarian jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.