Pet Food Express is looking for an experienced and detail-oriented individual to manage all administrative functions for our portfolio of leases while ensuring lease compliance and maximizing cost efficiency. Reporting directly to the Director of Real Estate, responsibilities include lease interpretation and abstracting, tracking critical dates; ensuring proper payment of rent, common area maintenance, real estate taxes, and additional rent charges; and preparing rent increase calculations, budgets, and year-end reconciliations. The Sr. Property Manager maintains ongoing communication with landlords, property managers, and store staff, as well as internal departments, including Accounting, Real Estate, Construction and Maintenance to accomplish these responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain Pro Lease with updated lease information
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets with individual store CAM data.
- Prepare annual store rents, maintenance and repair budgets.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the store staff, building owners, and property managers. Act as the liaison between the Landlord and Pet Food Express.
- Regularly communicate with store staff to ensure expectations are met and issues are addressed in a timely manner. Manage incidents through our internal work order system.
- Coordinate building repair and maintenance projects for which the Landlord is responsible to insure our store staff and customers are not adversely impacted.
- Arrange for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of property as specified in our lease agreements.
- Manage and employ services of security and grounds keeping personnel for properties maintained by Pet Food Express.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of the various leases and lease clauses. Maintain tickler system of key expiration/notification dates in lease files.
- Assist Lease Accounting in the completion of all annual CAM reconciliations, estimate adjustments, and rent increases.
- Maintain accurate lease files, property files and vendor files.
- Ensure compliance of our obligations per the leases.
- Manage due diligence for new and existing leases including tenant improvement allowances, rent commencement documentation, property delivery dates, estoppels, and SNDAs.
- Manage in-house janitorial team and the corporate office facility including the office lunchroom.
What you'll bring:
- Experience (3 years +) in retail commercial real estate, property management, or lease administration
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to read and interpret leases
- Ability to deal with multiple issues at one time
- Proactive with a focus on practical solutions.
- Good follow up and follow through
- Customer service skills must be sincere and strong.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where coordinating with multiple departments is critical.
- Priority setting, organization, and time-management skills.
- Concise grammatical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong math or accounting skills.
- Experience reading and interpreting retail real estate leases, including all related lease documents.
What you’ll love:
- Being part of a collaborative team that makes an impact
- Management that cares about your professional development
- Generous store discount for employees and family members in all our 62 stores
- Competitive pay including sick, holiday, and vacation pay
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance.
- A pet friendly work environment with an outdoor dog park!
About the Company
We’re Pet Food Express and we’re transforming our customers’ relationships with their pets. How? With exactly-right products, helpful services, and expert advice for even the toughest pet problems. Since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades-long history of continuously strong growth. But don’t take our word for it: in addition to a long list of national awards, we’ve been a “Top Bay Area Workplace” for 9 years running. Our dog-friendly office is collaborative, hard-working, and fun. Sound like the right fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.