Pet Food Express Oakland, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pet Food Express is looking for a talented and creative Junior Copywriter to join our highly collaborative, experimental and fast-paced Marketing department. Reporting to the Content Manager, the Junior Copywriter works closely with the team to create and produce vibrant, brand-aligned, engaging copy for everything from content articles to ads, from store signage to website copy. The ideal candidate will be a cooperative, skilled and imaginative writer who can create work that resonates as honest, dependable, and accurate with a very human tone. If this sounds like you, apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Create clear and compelling copy for content articles, website pages, ads, internal and external emails, and internal and external signage, and offer assistance with social media and our internal newsletter
- Conduct research, collect data, and perform interviews for content articles for The Pet Owner’s Handbook page of the Pet Food Express website: https://www.petfood.express/know-your-pet/
- Edit, fact-check, and proofread your own and others’ work
- Interpret project briefs and work with cross-functional teams
- Use SEO principles to maximize effectiveness
- Support the Marketing team in miscellaneous tasks, as needed
What You’ll Bring:
- B.A. in English, Marketing, or related field and 1-3 years professional experience in a similar role
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and research skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and familiarity with collaborative editing processes (track changes)
- Experience with SEO and knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tight deadlines simultaneously and effectively
- Attention to detail and a natural tendency to double check your work
- A highly-collaborative working style, the ability to interact with all levels at the company, including our stores with good internal customer service.
- Professional written and verbal communication, with strong understanding of grammar
- Familiarity with Creative Cloud (Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop) is a plus
What you'll love:
- Management that cares about your professional development
- Competitive compensation starting at $26-27/hr DOE, including vacation time, paid holidays and sick time
- A generous employee discount
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit sharing, and other great benefits—even pet insurance!
- Dog-friendly office with on-site dog park
Submit three short writing samples that best represent your capabilities. (Additional original pieces are strongly encouraged, in addition to the three below.) We encourage you to familiarize yourself with our website, including the copy of the banners and tiles, as well as the articles at https://www.petfood.express/know-your-pet/ should you need additional inspiration.
Writing Sample #1
In 100-150 words, provide an introductory paragraph to an educational article about choosing the right leash for your dog. This paragraph does not need to contain any educational content, but rather act as an interesting, fun, and conversational lead-in to what could be perceived as a dry subject. Anecdotal, pop culture, or historical references may be used, but tone should ultimately be trustworthy and honest.
Writing Sample #2
In 100-150 words, provide a short non-fiction piece on the subject of your choice. This sample should demonstrate some research and the ability to clearly relay factual information.
Writing Sample #3
In 2-10 words, provide a new and original slogan or compelling advertising copy for the product of your choice, whether real or imagined.
About the Company
We at Pet Food Express pride ourselves on making pets’ lives better by offering high quality, innovative, and unique pet foods and products. Led by our founders Michael and Mark since 1986, our commitment to purpose over profits has driven our decades’ long history of continuous strong growth. We do what's right for our customers and their pets. Everything else follows.
Pet Food Express is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Pet Food Express is a place where everyone can learn and grow. However you identify and whatever your background, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Powered by JazzHR
Pet Food Express
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Pet Food Express