Grounds Maintenance Worker
- $14 to $16 Hourly
Grounds Maintenance Worker
Maintains grounds at family and senior properties managed by Housing Authority of the City of Perth Amboy and delivers notices to residents as needed.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Pick up garbage, debris, animal feces, recycling etc. from grounds. Grounds include all common areas, streets, parking lots and private yards. Dispose of items properly.
- Light gardening such as pulling weeds, edging, planting.
- Snow removal and treatment of sidewalks with de-icing products.
- Operating snow thrower.
- Operating garbage compactor.
- Assisting truck driver with loading and unloading garbage at pick up and drop off points.
- Deliver notices to residents.
- Assist Exterminator by recording lease violations and reporting same to maintenance supervisor and property manager.
- Assist housing inspector by recording lease violations and reporting same to housing inspector and property manager.
- Assist contractors by opening apartment doors and accompanying contractor inside unit when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to understand, remember, and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Must have interpersonal skills needed to promote cooperation with and among employees, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, co-workers, subordinates, clients, vendors and other members of the public.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- To take needed safety precautions in performing the work.
- To obtain, store, safeguard, distribute, and properly use needed equipment, materials and supplies.
- Ability to perform the field work required of the position, including the ability to lift and carry between 80-100 lbs.
- Good health and freedom from disabling physical and mental defects which would impair the proper performance of the required duties or which might endanger the health and safety of oneself and others.
- Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause an undue hardship on the employer, such persons may not be eligible.
- To live within 30 miles of the work site.
- Employee must be available for 24-hour service in event of snow or emergency situations that require maintenance to be on site.
- Valid driver’s license and ownership of a registered and insurance automobile.
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred but not required.
- Must pass a criminal screening, and pre-employment physical examination to include an illegal drug screening (new hires).
Perth Amboy Redevelopment Team for Neighborhood Enterprise
881 Amboy AvenuePerth Amboy, NJ
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.