Assistant Maintenance Supervisor
- $30 to $33 Hourly
Under direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, is responsible for the maintenance of PARTNERS project based voucher/low-income tax credit properties. The housing inventory consists of 147 senior citizen units in 2 developments, and 213 family units in 4 developments.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
1. Supervises between 7-10 maintenance repairers.
2. Performs maintenance of the properties in addition to supervisory duties.
3. Responsible for completion of work orders assigned to personnel.
4. Oversees renovation of vacant apartments.
5. Oversees preventive maintenance of units and systems.
6. Oversees maintenance of boilers and heating systems.
7. Provides job training, coaching, evaluation, and disciplinary action when needed.
8. Purchasing of supplies and equipment, maintaining inventory of same.
9. Preparation of reports and analysis of workload and productivity.
10. Assist with the preparation of maintenance policies, plans, standards, and procedures.
11. Available for 24-hour emergency service.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 3-4 years in a position requiring maintenance of residential properties.
- Possession of a valid NJ Black Seal Boiler Operators license. or the ability to obtain one within 1 year
- Valid driver’s license and ownership of a registered and insurance automobile.
- To live within 30 miles of the work site.
- Employee must be available for 24-hour service in event of snow or emergency situations that require maintenance to be on site.
- Ability to perform the field work required of the position, including the ability to lift and carry between 80-100 lbs.
- Knowledge of the standard tools, materials, methods, and practices and of the occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in performing general maintenance and repair work.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to write and maintain records regarding inspection of various systems and apartments; records regarding tenant requests for maintenance; work, time and materials used to complete work orders, and employee disciplinary action and performance evaluations.
- Demonstrable computer abilities such as word processing, internet, email; and the knowledge or ability to learn a tablet based work order and inspection system, and tenant-based software.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills.’
- Must have interpersonal skills needed to promote cooperation with and among employees, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, co-workers, subordinates, clients, vendors and other members of the public.
- Ability to identify problems and provide suitable alternatives and solutions to solve them.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to identify potential hazards or warning signs of problems, and provide suitable alternatives and solutions to solve them.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure all jobs are completed in an exemplary manner.
- To obtain, store, safeguard, distribute, and properly use needed equipment, materials and supplies.
- Must pass a criminal screening and credit screening, and pre-employment physical examination to include a drug screening.
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred but not required.
- Good health and freedom from disabling physical and mental defects which would impair the proper performance of the required duties or which might endanger the health and safety of oneself and others.
- Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause an undue hardship on the employer, such persons may not be eligible
Perth Amboy Redevelopment Team for Neighborhood EnterprisePerth Amboy, NJ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.