Hardware Assembly Technician (Boulder, CO)
- Expired: July 27, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fotokite develops autonomous, high-endurance tethered unmanned aerial systems to help firefighters and public safety teams save lives.
Fotokite systems allow first responders to quickly and easily gain situational awareness after arriving at emergency scenes: our autonomous one-touch launch/land system makes operation simple and safe; the dual color and thermal camera payload provides situational awareness from the system's aerial perspective; and actively tethered flight means the system can be flown without a certified pilot, and can be left flying for as long as the situation requires.
It's an exciting time for Fotokite as we are expanding all three of our offices! We are currently seeking a Hardware Assembly Technician who will work with a team of engineers and other technicians to build Fotokite's newest products. This position performs hands-on assembly of electro-mechanical systems and provides input to the Engineering team to assist them with developing and refining the manufacturing process of these products for low-volume in house production and eventual hand-off to the commercial production line.
This is a temporary nine-month position that has the possibility of going permanent.
- Performs hands-on hardware assembly of a complex electro-mechanical system with tasks such as torquing fasteners, press fits, bonding, deburring, machine screw thread repair, soldering, and wire crimping
- Builds products in accordance with engineering assembly drawings and procedures with precision and consistency
- Troubleshoots issues and communicates them to other technicians and the engineering team
- Provides feedback and observations related to the assembly process in the form of red-lined drawings and written communication
- Creates assembly jigs and reworks parts as needed using prototyping methods including the use of manual machine tools and 3d printing
- Maintains an organized workflow and workstation
- Receives and inspects components
- Conducts indoor and outdoor assembly tests according to established procedures
- Monitors and reports on all aspects that relate to the quality of components and assemblies
- Tracks component inventory as it relates to build schedules
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 or more years of related experience or a two-year technical degree and a minimum of two years of experience is required
- Ability to assemble complex electro-mechanical systems using engineering assembly drawings
- A demonstrated keen eye for detail, a technical aptitude, and a desire to learn
- Experience handling ESD sensitive components preferred
- Proven record of proactively working to meet production timelines
- Working experience with common spreadsheet and word processing tools, such as G-Suite and/or MS Office
- Desirable, but not required:
- Experience working with drones
- Part 107 certification
- Soldering skillset per IPC-610 Class 2 Standards
- Experience working for an international company is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs is required
- Rate of $18-$25 per hour (hourly rate to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data)
- Due to having offices in Zürich, Switzerland (8 hours in front of Boulder), this position will often require meetings at 7:00 AM to make the most of the short overlap with the Zürich team. Of course, due to the early start, afternoons also finish early (40 hour work week).
We require that applicants already have permission to work in the US. We will not sponsor work visa applications now or in the future. Please include both a resume and cover letter. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Perspective Robotics US LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sexual orientation and expression, age, marital status, disability, religion, national origin, military service, arrest/conviction record, being a victim of domestic violence, and genetics.
Perspective Robotics AG
Get fresh Hardware Assembly jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.